Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline thx1200  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 7, 2017 9:12:06 PM(UTC)
thx1200

DNN can sometimes have long URLs, including things like the "tabid" portion. I created URL rewrite rules and reverse rules to "prettify" the URLs for the YAF.Net module. So a URL like https://www.mydomain.com...ts/m/388/Some-topic.aspx turns into https://www.mydomain.com...ts/m/388/Some-topic.aspx

However, email notifications still contain the longer URL, which totally makes sense since the URL rewrite stuff is invisible to the application.

Is there any way I can override what YAF thinks the URL should be with what I want it to be for those emails?
Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 8, 2017 1:44:23 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1142 time(s) in 972 post(s)
Really you don#t need to specify any rewrite rules. It all depends which friendly url provider you are using.

If you use the standard DNNFriendlyUrl provider with the urlFormat advanced then the tabid would not be included in the urls
Offline thx1200  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 10, 2017 6:16:04 PM(UTC)
thx1200

I don't use the DNN one. I just use the IIS one. My DNN site is old and back when I started, the DNN rewrite module didn't do what I needed, and I suppose I could convert it now, but what I have works. Now I just need the outgoing _emails_ to use the same URL as the rewritten URLs.

Thanks
Offline tha_watcha  
#4 Posted : Sunday, August 13, 2017 7:38:19 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1142 time(s) in 972 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thx1200 Go to Quoted Post
I don't use the DNN one. I just use the IIS one. My DNN site is old and back when I started, the DNN rewrite module didn't do what I needed, and I suppose I could convert it now, but what I have works. Now I just need the outgoing _emails_ to use the same URL as the rewritten URLs.

Thanks

I understand the problem but in that case the only two options you have would be to modify the source code of the YAF dnn module and manually build the urls, or use the standard url friendly url provider (or build your own one).

Offline thx1200  
#5 Posted : Monday, August 14, 2017 9:52:27 AM(UTC)
thx1200

Ah, I see. I was hoping there was an easier way, but it's probably time I just bit the bullet and upgraded my DNN friendly URL module. Thanks!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed