Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline oldgeorge  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 7:35:36 AM(UTC)
oldgeorge

Greece

Hello everyone, I had an old DNN forum/portal running DNN 7 and an older version of YAF that fell victim to a massive spambot attack (over 50.000 accounts created) and I had to take it down for some time until I could resolve the issues.

Now it's back on, security issues tightened, upgraded to DNN 8.0.4 and latest YAF. However I have two issues:

a)Avatars are still not syncing with user profiles (they didn't sync before either, but now I'd like to try and fix that)
b)Deleting the spam accounts in DNN did not result in their removal from YAF. I plan to run

select * from yaf_user where [Name] not in (Select Username FROM Users) and userID>1

and run yaf_user_delete from each one. Is this the correct approach? Do I need to take something else into consideration?
Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:09:43 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1147 time(s) in 977 post(s)
Originally Posted by: oldgeorge Go to Quoted Post

a)Avatars are still not syncing with user profiles (they didn't sync before either, but now I'd like to try and fix that)

Did you see any issues in the YAF Event log?
Did you disabled hot linking on your server?

b)Deleting the spam accounts in DNN did not result in their removal from YAF. I plan to run

Technically if you upgraded yaf after you upgraded dnn then when you delete a user in dnn it also should delete it in YAF. But is possible that the process changed in dnn. Its possible the injected Stored Procedure doesnt work anymore.

select * from yaf_user where [Name] not in (Select Username FROM Users) and userID>1

and run yaf_user_delete from each one. Is this the correct approach? Do I need to take something else into consideration?

yes if you do that manually that would be the correct way.

Offline oldgeorge  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 8:25:57 AM(UTC)
oldgeorge

Greece

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha Go to Quoted Post
[
Did you see any issues in the YAF Event log?
Did you disabled hot linking on your server?

I'm seeing this:

Error while Syncing dnn userprofile with Yaf
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at DotNetNuke.Common.Utilities.UrlUtils.EncryptParameter(String value, String encryptionKey)
at YAF.DotNetNuke.Components.Utils.ProfileSyncronizer.SaveDnnAvatar(String fileId, Int32 yafUserId, Guid portalGUID, YafBoardSettings boardSettings)
at YAF.DotNetNuke.Components.Utils.ProfileSyncronizer.SyncYafProfile(Int32 yafUserId, YafUserProfile yafUserProfile, IUserData yafUserData, UserInfo dnnUserInfo, Guid portalGUID, YafBoardSettings boardSettings)
at YAF.DotNetNuke.Components.Utils.ProfileSyncronizer.UpdateUserProfile(Int32 yafUserId, YafUserProfile yafUserProfile, IUserData yafCurrentUserData, UserInfo dnnUserInfo, MembershipUser membershipUser, Int32 portalID, Guid portalGuid, YafBoardSettings boardSettings, Boolean ignoreLastUpdated)

And also this:

Error In UserCleanUpTask Task
System.Threading.ThreadAbortException: Thread was being aborted.
at System.Threading.Thread.SleepInternal(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
at System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(Int32 millisecondsTimeout)
at YAF.Core.Tasks.UserCleanUpTask.RunOnce()

Also, not sure what you mean about hot linking? Is it a particular DNN or YAF option?
Offline tha_watcha  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 18, 2017 9:14:39 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

What version of YAF are you using?
thanks 1 user thanked tha_watcha for this useful post.
Zero2Cool on 7/18/2017(UTC)
Offline oldgeorge  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 2:58:59 AM(UTC)
oldgeorge

Greece

YAF_DNN_223, upgraded from an early 2.0.X version
Offline tha_watcha  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 19, 2017 8:02:56 AM(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

I uploaded a new build i hope the should fix the issue

https://github.com/YAFNE.../YAF_DNN_2.24.0-5801.zip
Rss Feed  Atom Feed