hismightiness
By default, it seems that only the built-in security roles are showing in any view that displays or lists roles in the administration area.

Is there a configuration option somewhere to allow for the additional security roles to be shown as well?
Will Strohl
CEO & Founder, Upendo Ventures
UpendoVentures.com 
Sponsor
tha_watcha
Originally Posted by: hismightiness

By default, it seems that only the built-in security roles are showing in any view that displays or lists roles in the administration area.

Is there a configuration option somewhere to allow for the additional security roles to be shown as well?

No thats not possible at the moment. YAF only uses the DNN Roles.
UserPostedImage
tha_watcha

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha

No thats not possible at the moment. YAF only uses the DNN Roles.

Is this something you'll consider putting on your road map? The current default is quite restrictive in terms of having public and private forums.

Maybe i can help with that, what you like to achieve?
UserPostedImage
hismightiness
Regardless of who makes it happen, it's a real world requirement to use a security role to assign moderator permissions to an individual or group of individuals. This is simply not realistically possible to do when you're only able to see and use the built-in security roles. We have a large handful of security roles that we're not able to use for this purpose. Including a moderator security role we've already used in the past with a previous community solution we used once.
Will Strohl
UpendoVentures.com 
tha_watcha

Regardless of who makes it happen, it's a real world requirement to use a security role to assign moderator permissions to an individual or group of individuals. This is simply not realistically possible to do when you're only able to see and use the built-in security roles. We have a large handful of security roles that we're not able to use for this purpose. Including a moderator security role we've already used in the past with a previous community solution we used once.

I try to understand i also get the request for adding the social groups in to the forum. Would the social groups solve your problem, or you prefer create security roles inside yaf only?
UserPostedImage
hismightiness
Actually, while social groups and security roles are the same thing under the covers, they're not generally used for the same purpose. In my case, if I create a new security role named "Moderators" for example, it never appears as a role I can select in the YAF admin areas. Only the built in security roles are showing. For me, it doesn't matter if social groups are added as well, but it makes sense since they can be used for security purposes as well.
Will Strohl
UpendoVentures.com