Nebie here! Hi.

I'm hitting a wall on the install routine. It gets so far then throws:

Unable to cast object of type 'YAF.Classes.YafBoardSettings' to type 'YAF.Core.YafLoadBoardSettings'.

I've searched for this problem but cant find relevant solution. Any quick pointers?

I will post the stack trace if needed

TIA, salimander
Topic Starter
  • salimander
    55.4%
  •  United Kingdom
Did you set the IIS .NET Application Pool to .NET 4?
UserPostedImage
  • tha_watcha
    100%
  • Medals:
    Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.
  •  Germany
  • Was thanked: 1211 time(s) in 1036 post(s)
Thanks for reply.

I forgot to say that I was trying to set up an Azure.
I haven't found the equivalent of your recommended setting in Azure yet
TIA
Topic Starter
  • salimander
    55.4%
  •  United Kingdom
Originally Posted by: salimander

[color=blue]
I will post the stack trace if needed

Surely, it's needed.

• bbobb
    100%
  • Medals:
    Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for a YAF Database Key Player: Holds the key to YAF database. Bow down!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given for answering tons of support questions and generally helping the community.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.
  •  Man  Russian Federation
  • Was thanked: 287 time(s) in 253 post(s)
My confusion might be coming from the Azure installation guide.

https://github.com/YAFNE...llation-on-Windows-Azure 

Installation on Windows Azure
STEP 2. Configuring the Web App in Azure
3. Make sure that the Application Pool for YAF is set to .NET 4

I can't make sense of what that means, and can find no instruction on how to do it; any ideas?
TIA, salimander

Unable to cast object of type 'YAF.Classes.YafBoardSettings' to type 'YAF.Core.YafLoadBoardSettings'.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'YAF.Classes.YafBoardSettings' to type 'YAF.Core.YafLoadBoardSettings'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'YAF.Classes.YafBoardSettings' to type 'YAF.Core.YafLoadBoardSettings'.]
YAF.Core.HttpApplicationStateBaseExtensions.GetOrSet(HttpApplicationStateBase httpApplicationState, String key, Func`1 getValue) +272
YAF.Core.CurrentBoardSettings.get_Instance() +74
YAF.Core.Modules.ServicesModule.<RegisterServices>b__3(IComponentContext k) +46
Autofac.<>c__DisplayClass10`1.<Register>b__f(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p) +10
Autofac.Builder.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<ForDelegate>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p) +14
Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +32
Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable`1 parameters) +48
Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute() +48
Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +133
Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +44

[DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details. ---> Unable to cast object of type 'YAF.Classes.YafBoardSettings' to type 'YAF.Core.YafLoadBoardSettings'. (See inner exception for details.)]
Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +112
Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +109
Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.TryResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& instance) +74
Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters) +54
YAF.Core.AutoFacServiceLocatorProvider.Get(Type serviceType) +72
YAF.Types.Interfaces.IServiceLocatorExtensions.Get(IServiceLocator serviceLocator) +76
YAF.Types.Interfaces.IServiceLocatorExtensions.Get(IHaveServiceLocator haveLocator) +77
YAF.Core.Services.Logger.YafDbLogger.Log(String message, EventLogTypes eventType, String username, String source, Exception exception) +679
YAF.Core.ServiceLocatorEventRaiser.RaiseIssolated(T eventObject, Action`2 logExceptionAction) +361
YAF.Core.Services.InstallUpgradeService.UpgradeDatabase(Boolean fullText, Boolean upgradeExtensions) +254
YAF.Install._default.Wizard_NextButtonClick(Object sender, WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +1607
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnNextButtonClick(WizardNavigationEventArgs e) +111
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Wizard.OnBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs e) +406
System.Web.UI.Control.RaiseBubbleEvent(Object source, EventArgs args) +37
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e) +114
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +260
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +12
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +15
System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +35
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1639
Topic Starter
  • salimander
    55.4%
  •  United Kingdom
Try to set "YAF.BaseUrlMask" in app.config. It will not necessarily would solve the problem, but will allow to spot the origin.
Anyway, it's a very strange piece of code where the class is being cast to the base class it was inherited. from.
  • bbobb
    100%
  • Medals:
    Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for a YAF Database Key Player: Holds the key to YAF database. Bow down!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given for answering tons of support questions and generally helping the community.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.
Just had a go at reinstalling the entire thing from scratch, still the same error.

How do I do that "YAF.BaseUrlMask" thing?
Topic Starter
  • salimander
    55.4%
  •  United Kingdom
Originally Posted by: salimander

Just had a go at reinstalling the entire thing from scratch, still the same error.

How do I do that "YAF.BaseUrlMask" thing?

Open up the app.config file with a text editor and there should be some kind of documentation within the file that explains what to do.

Edit, I just found it in Administration » Board Settings but.... if you're not even getting installed, that doesn't help you one bit.

Here's the key to add to your app.config
 <add key="YAF.BaseUrlMask" value="http://www.wickedawesome.com/" />
  • Zero2Cool
    100%
  • Medals:
    Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has assisted lots and lots of people!
  •  Man  United States
  • Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Yes, that what I would have thought.
I've checked that file again to see if I missed it, did a search and all. but no documentation
So I added this:
<add key="YAF.BaseUrlMask" value="true"/>

Its come back with a different report this time (it did nothing the pervious time i tried it)
Still gibberish to me though :|

No candidates for a guest were found for the board 1.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: No candidates for a guest were found for the board 1.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: d:\local\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\ccedcf12\8d5d405f\App_Web_venwpwj3.0.cs Line: 0

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): No candidates for a guest were found for the board 1.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +2434922
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) +5736592
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) +285
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) +3731
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() +58
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +89
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +379
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds, Boolean describeParameterEncryptionRequest) +2026
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) +375
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +53
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +240
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +41
System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +139
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior) +136
System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataSet dataSet) +88
YAF.Types.Interfaces.Data.<>c__DisplayClass7.<GetDataset>b__6(IDbCommand c) +72
YAF.Core.Data.DbAccessBase.Execute(Func`2 execFunc, IDbCommand cmd, IDbTransaction dbTransaction) +186
YAF.Types.Interfaces.Data.IDbAccessExtensions.GetDataset(IDbAccess dbAccess, IDbCommand cmd, IDbTransaction dbTransaction) +139
YAF.Types.Interfaces.Data.IDbAccessExtensions.GetData(IDbAccess dbAccess, IDbCommand cmd, IDbTransaction dbTransaction) +57
YAF.Classes.Data.LegacyDb.pageload(Object sessionID, Object boardID, Object userKey, Object ip, Object location, Object forumPage, Object browser, Object platform, Object categoryID, Object forumID, Object topicID, Object messageID, Object isCrawler, Object isMobileDevice, Object donttrack) +394

[ApplicationException: Sql Exception with error number 50000 (Tries=0)]
YAF.Classes.Data.LegacyDb.pageload(Object sessionID, Object boardID, Object userKey, Object ip, Object location, Object forumPage, Object browser, Object platform, Object categoryID, Object forumID, Object topicID, Object messageID, Object isCrawler, Object isMobileDevice, Object donttrack) +766
YAF.Core.LoadPageFromDatabase.Handle(InitPageLoadEvent event) +5911
YAF.Core.ServiceLocatorEventRaiser.Raise(T eventObject) +196
YAF.Core.YafContext.InitUserAndPage() +331
YAF.Core.UserPageBase.get_Page() +89
YAF.Core.UserPageBase.get_PageUserID() +15
YAF.ForumPageBase.Page_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e) +289
System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +51
System.Web.UI.TemplateControl.OnError(EventArgs e) +116
System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e) +84
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +6598
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +245
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest() +72
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context) +22
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +58
ASP.default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in d:\local\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\ccedcf12\8d5d405f\App_Web_venwpwj3.0.cs:0
System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +188
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69
Topic Starter
  • salimander
    55.4%
  •  United Kingdom
You no longer need to manually set the baseurlmask setting this is automatically set during the installation. And its saved in the board settings not the app.config.

Regarding the error did you use the azure web.config file as i described in the documentation? And did you completed the install process?
UserPostedImage
  • tha_watcha
    100%
  • Medals:
    Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.
  •  Germany
Yes, I used the Azure web.config
The install process went well, but didnt get to Setup finished

now when I try to reinstall it is giving me this

FILE:
mssql/install/tables.sql

ERROR:
There is already an object named 'yaf_drop_defaultconstraint_oncolumn' in the database.

STATEMENT:
CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[yaf_drop_defaultconstraint_oncolumn](@tablename varchar(255), @columnname varchar(255)) as
BEGIN
DECLARE @DefName sysname

SELECT
@DefName = o1.name
FROM
sys.objects o1
INNER JOIN sys.columns c ON
o1.object_id = c.default_object_id
INNER JOIN sys.objects o2 ON
c.object_id = o2.object_id
WHERE
o2.name = @tablename AND
c.name = @columnname

IF @DefName IS NOT NULL
EXECUTE ('ALTER TABLE [dbo].[' + @tablename + '😉 DROP constraint [' + @DefName + '😉'😉
END
Topic Starter
  • salimander
    55.4%
  •  United Kingdom
Ok you remember why the setup didn't finish? I think you need to reinstall fresh, delete the database first if possible and create one new.
UserPostedImage
  • tha_watcha
    100%
  • Medals:
  •  Germany
 // Check if BaskeUrlMask is set and if not automatically write it
                    if (this.Get<YafBoardSettings>().BaseUrlMask.IsNotSet())
                    {
                        this.Get<YafBoardSettings>().BaseUrlMask = BaseUrlBuilder.GetBaseUrlFromVariables();

((YafLoadBoardSettings)this.Get<YafBoardSettings>()).SaveRegistry();
                    }

The process was failing here. BaseUrlMask was required to spot the initial error place.
It's clear from the snippet that BaskeUrlMask is/was used to override the registry board setting.

• bbobb
    100%
  • Medals:
wacha: if I delete that database (ie error becasue tables already exist), and reinstall, then it fails at this error, with and without the BaseUrlMask setting.

bbobb: what might the solution to that be?
Topic Starter
  • salimander
    55.4%
  •  United Kingdom
Please download the install packager again i added a fix for the problem
UserPostedImage
  • tha_watcha
    100%
  • Medals:
  •  Germany