vbwyrde
  •  vbwyrde
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2014-10-14T21:15:48Z
Hi guys,

I want to change the name "shoutbox" on my YAF forum to "Chat". I found a post from four years ago on this topic and the recommendation was to change the settings in the english.xml. I did change the names there, but that did not work. The name is still showing up as Shoutbox on the title bar.

Here's an example of the change I made to the english.xml. It was this:

<Resource tag="TITLE">ShoutBox</Resource>

I changed it to this:

<Resource tag="TITLE">Chat</Resource>

I saved the file. Restarted IIS7. Not sure what else to do. Can anyone provide instructions on how to make this change plese? Thanks!

Sponsor
Zero2Cool
2014-10-15T17:10:13Z
Originally Posted by: vbwyrde 

Hi guys,

I want to change the name "shoutbox" on my YAF forum to "Chat". I found a post from four years ago on this topic and the recommendation was to change the settings in the english.xml. I did change the names there, but that did not work. The name is still showing up as Shoutbox on the title bar.

Here's an example of the change I made to the english.xml. It was this:

<Resource tag="TITLE">ShoutBox</Resource>

I changed it to this:

<Resource tag="TITLE">Chat</Resource>

I saved the file. Restarted IIS7. Not sure what else to do. Can anyone provide instructions on how to make this change plese? Thanks!

You have to restart the application. Admin > Maintenance > Restart Application
vbwyrde
  •  vbwyrde
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2014-10-15T18:35:07Z
Aha! That was the missing Intel I needed. Thank you kindly. 🙂

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.