EssexMale
When I upgrade to any version of the forum I have to reset the allowed extension list just to accept jpg, gif, bmp & png. Any change of keeping that list without resetting it?
Sponsor
tha_watcha
Originally Posted by: EssexMale

When I upgrade to any version of the forum I have to reset the allowed extension list just to accept jpg, gif, bmp & png. Any change of keeping that list without resetting it?

What you mean by reset? On a upgrade if the "Upgrade BBCode Extensions, File Extensions and Topic Status Lists" check box is checked the FileExensions.xml is imported all file extensions which are not included are imported, but the existing ones are not deleted.

UserPostedImage
EssexMale
Hi,

I remove the file extensions so that they show the 4 pic extensions (bmp, png, gif & jpg)

When I download the upgrade package  and copy the directories in place the above extension list returns with zip, rar, rm and so on returns. So after upgrade I go to '/forum/yaf_admin_extensions.aspx' and reset the list back to the 4 pic extensions.

If the list was kept in the app.config file then it wouldn't be overwritten.

Example Idea:

<add key="YAF.AllowedFileExtensions" value="bmp;png;gif;jpg" />

You can then load into an arraylist, split by ';' & load into the control.
tha_watcha
So you edit the admin_extensions.aspx file correct? What exactly did you modify.

The file extensions itself are stored in the database. I guess you only modify who they are displayed.
UserPostedImage
EssexMale
I don't wish to allow zip, txt, rm, rar, mpg, mp3 and so on but always in that list they return after each upgrade
tha_watcha
Originally Posted by: EssexMale

I don't wish to allow zip, txt, rm, rar, mpg, mp3 and so on but always in that list they return after each upgrade

Ah ok then simply uncheck the option "Upgrade BBCode Extensions, File Extensions and Topic Status Lists" in the Upgrade Wizard, or you remove that files from the ..\install\FileExtensions.xml file, and do not override this file on a upgrade.

UserPostedImage
EssexMale
Ok, will try to remember that. Will check when the next release comes out. The other option is unticked (full text search) as that just errors the upgrade.