Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Jaben  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 8:11:23 PM(UTC)
Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Was thanked: 358 time(s) in 199 post(s)
How do you get the latest release? GitHub!

YAF.NET: https://github.com/YAFNET/YAFNET/releases/tag/v2.0.0
YAF.NET DNN Module: https://github.com/YAFNET/YAFNET-DNN/releases/tag/v2.0.0

NOTE: v2.0.0 Requires .NET Framework v4.0

Changes!? Fixes? We got 'em:

• Added Keystroke For Quotes to the YAF BBCode Editor you can now use CTRL+Q for inserting and "quote"..."/quote"
  • Added "HoverCards" to Username. If enabled it shows an Hover Card (Which shows some quick info about the user) when you hover an user name. This will also show an Hover Card on the Twitter & Facebook Profile Button.
  • New Notification Bar for System Messages (In the Host Settings you can choose Between Modal Dialog or Notification Bar for Messages, also the Display Duration can be defined there). Also added an option to show the alert dialog for messages on Mobile Devices.
  • Added Display Options for the Event Log, you can define Start and End Date and also Event Typ
  • Added Admin Page to Import List of Banned IP Addresses (You can find Huge list of Bot IP Lists here: StopForumSpam.com)
  • Host Admins can control admin groups access to YAF event log by event type. They can set permissions to delete events by type too, i.e. read-only mode for each event.
  • New Host Admin Page for Host Admins to restrict simply admins to various admin pages individually.
  • New settings to control number of records in the event log.
  • New Option to send PM to all Buddies of a User
  • Added Indicator to a Private Message if its an Reply
  • Added new BB Code Feature to the Editor for indent text
  • Kill user now offers "suspend" option.
  • Tons of fixes and improvements.

YAF.NET Community Appreciation Station

Super thanks to tha_watcha Offline !!! Special thanks to bbobb Offline , Zero2Cool Offline , squirrel Offline ! Thanks to the entire YAF.NET community! You guys keep YAF.NET going!

Project Move! Again!
    YAF.NET is now on GitHub! https://github.com/YAFNET

The Twitterz and Facebookz
    YAF.NET Twitter is here: http://twitter.com/yafnet and Facebook is here: http://www.facebook.com/...mNET-YAF/156302224384947

Build It!
    Building YAF.NET from source now requires Visual Studio 2010/2012/2013. YAF.NET can be build using the freely available Visual Studio 2013 Express.

Edited by user Monday, December 30, 2013 8:09:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed DNN Module link

• thanks 4 users thanked Jaben for this useful post.
    francoz on 11/1/2013(UTC), doxa123 on 11/4/2013(UTC), abcd on 11/9/2013(UTC), azarbara on 11/11/2013(UTC)
    Sponsor
    Offline Boskone  
    #2 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:27:12 PM(UTC)
    Boskone

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Given to YAF community members who help unravel the Portal Puzzle and YAF.

Canada

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
    This is great guys. Thanks a bunch. I have been waiting for the release of 2.0 for quite a wile now. Smile

EDIT: Unfortunately the link to the DNN module is broken.

I found it at YAFNET-DNN

Edited by user Tuesday, October 29, 2013 9:34:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Broken link

Boskone - A DotNetNuke user.
    RDSCC
    Offline Jaben  
    #3 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 7:52:12 AM(UTC)
    Jaben

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.

Was thanked: 358 time(s) in 199 post(s)
    Originally Posted by: Boskone Go to Quoted Post
    This is great guys. Thanks a bunch. I have been waiting for the release of 2.0 for quite a wile now. Smile

EDIT: Unfortunately the link to the DNN module is broken.

I found it at YAFNET-DNN

Link is fixed.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 30, 2013 8:40:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Harlequin  
    #4 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:09:09 AM(UTC)
    Harlequin

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
    So to upgrade the previous versions of the DNN version I was simply copying over the new .DLL's can I do that same with this version as well or do I need to do a entire module install/update? Thanks for all the hard work!
    Offline tha_watcha  
    #5 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 9:24:20 AM(UTC)
    tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1149 time(s) in 979 post(s)
    Originally Posted by: Harlequin Go to Quoted Post
    So to upgrade the previous versions of the DNN version I was simply copying over the new .DLL's can I do that same with this version as well or do I need to do a entire module install/update? Thanks for all the hard work!

You need to install it as module.
    Offline vnwsxu  
    #6 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 9:35:12 AM(UTC)
    vnwsxu

Thank !

Edited by user Friday, November 1, 2013 9:40:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline vnwsxu  
    #7 Posted : Friday, November 1, 2013 7:06:14 PM(UTC)
    vnwsxu

1 - CKEditor (html) copy and paste not working in firefox 25.
    2 - Email Registration Verification error characters
    夀漀甀 栀愀瘀攀 爀攀焀甀攀猀琀攀搀 琀漀 樀漀椀渀 䐀 䰀椀윞甀 吀爀挀 吀甀礀뼞渀Ⰰ 戀甀琀 戀攀昀漀爀攀 礀漀甀 挀愀渀 樀漀椀渀 礀漀甀爀 攀洀愀椀氀 愀搀搀爀攀猀猀 洀甀猀琀 戀攀 瘀攀爀椀昀椀攀搀⸀਀਀吀漀 瘀攀爀椀昀礀 礀漀甀爀 攀洀愀椀氀 愀搀搀爀攀猀猀 漀瀀攀渀 琀栀攀 昀漀氀氀漀眀椀渀最 氀椀渀欀 椀渀 礀漀甀爀 眀攀戀 戀爀漀眀猀攀爀㨀਀਀栀琀琀瀀㨀⼀⼀搀甀氀椀攀甀⸀渀攀琀⼀礀愀昀开愀瀀瀀爀漀瘀攀⸀愀猀瀀砀㼀欀㴀䔀䌀 䔀㌀㜀㄀䄀䈀㈀㌀㄀ 㘀䐀㠀㈀䘀㌀䄀㤀㔀 㘀㈀䄀㤀㈀㠀㤀㄀㠀਀਀夀漀甀爀 愀瀀瀀爀漀瘀愀氀 欀攀礀 椀猀㨀਀਀䔀䌀 䔀㌀㜀㄀䄀䈀㈀㌀㄀ 㘀䐀㠀㈀䘀㌀䄀㤀㔀 㘀㈀䄀㤀㈀㠀㤀㄀㠀਀਀嘀椀猀椀琀 䐀 䰀椀윞甀 吀爀挀 吀甀礀뼞渀 愀琀 栀琀琀瀀㨀⼀⼀搀甀氀椀攀甀⸀渀攀琀⼀
    Please check :
    http://dulieu.net/
    Offline tha_watcha  
    #8 Posted : Saturday, November 2, 2013 10:11:22 AM(UTC)
    tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Originally Posted by: vnwsxu Go to Quoted Post
    1 - CKEditor (html) copy and paste not working in firefox 25.

Fixed, you can download the updated plugin files from the repository

https://github.com/YAFNE...a8b77ec5205b47f0e72ec7b2
    thanks 1 user thanked tha_watcha for this useful post.
    vnwsxu on 11/2/2013(UTC)
    Offline doxa123  
    #9 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 8:52:18 AM(UTC)
    doxa123

Man
    Turkey

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
    Works perfectly. Liked it & Good Job Smile))
    Running YAF.NET v2.0 Final at: http://www.dilliduduk.com
    .net 4.5.1 & MVC 5 Razor Support Hosting: http://hosting.7renk.net
    thanks 1 user thanked doxa123 for this useful post.
    Jaben on 11/5/2013(UTC)
    Offline Harlequin  
    #10 Posted : Monday, November 4, 2013 10:33:14 PM(UTC)
    Harlequin

I had a failure in my upgrade so I restored a backup of my site from a few days ago (which was working fine) now the forums are giving me this error, please help:

InnerException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details.

FileName:

FileLineNumber: 0

FileColumnNumber: 0

Method: System.IO.__Error.WinIOError

StackTrace:

Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details. ---> Autofac.Core.DependencyResolutionException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details. ---> System.IO.IOException: The directory name is invalid. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit() at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.InternalGetFiles(String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption) at System.IO.DirectoryInfo.GetFiles(String searchPattern) at YAF.Core.StaticDataHelper.Themes() at YAF.Core.ThemeProvider.InitTheme() at YAF.Core.YafBaseContainerModule.<RegisterBasicBindings>b__8(IComponentContext k) at Autofac.RegistrationExtensions.<>c__DisplayClass10`1.<Register>b__f(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p) at Autofac.Builder.RegistrationBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass1`1.<ForDelegate>b__0(IComponentContext c, IEnumerable`1 p) at Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters) at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable`1 parameters) at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Execute() at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.GetOrCreateInstance(ISharingLifetimeScope currentOperationScope, IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at Autofac.Core.Resolving.ResolveOperation.Execute(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) at Autofac.Core.Lifetime.LifetimeScope.ResolveComponent(IComponentRegistration registration, IEnumerable`1 parameters) at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.TryResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& instance) at Autofac.ResolutionExtensions.ResolveService(IComponentContext context, Service service, IEnumerable`1 parameters) at YAF.Core.AutoFacServiceLocatorProvider.Get(Type serviceType) at YAF.Types.Interfaces.IServiceLocatorExtensions.Get[TService](IServiceLocator serviceLocator) at YAF.Types.Interfaces.IServiceLocatorExtensions.Get[TService](IHaveServiceLocator haveLocator) at YAF.Forum.GetPageSource() at YAF.Forum.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    Offline Ederon  
    #11 Posted : Friday, November 8, 2013 5:15:50 AM(UTC)
    Ederon

Medals: Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Red Supporter: Thank you Daniel for supporting YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
    Congrats guys and KUDOS!
    When I post FP:Ederon in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting.
    UserPostedImage
    Offline tha_watcha  
    #12 Posted : Saturday, November 9, 2013 8:21:51 AM(UTC)
    tha_watcha

Germany

Originally Posted by: Harlequin Go to Quoted Post
    I had a failure in my upgrade so I restored a backup of my site from a few days ago (which was working fine) now the forums are giving me this error, please help:

InnerException: An exception was thrown while executing a resolve operation. See the InnerException for details.

FileName:

Method: System.IO.__Error.WinIOError

Looks like the themes folder doesn't exist "..\DesktopModules\YetAnotherForumDotNet\themes"
    Offline SteveInTN  
    #13 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 9:18:01 AM(UTC)
    SteveInTN

Originally Posted by: Jaben Go to Quoted Post
    [color=#888]
  • Added Admin Page to Import List of Banned IP Addresses (You can find Huge list of Bot IP Lists here: StopForumSpam.com)

• The new admin page is looking for one ip address per line but the StopForumSpam list is CSV. How to get around that or are there any other sites?

Thanks,

Steve
    Offline tha_watcha  
    #14 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 10:15:15 AM(UTC)
    tha_watcha

Germany

Originally Posted by: SteveInTN Go to Quoted Post
    Originally Posted by: Jaben Go to Quoted Post
    [color=#888]

• The new admin page is looking for one ip address per line but the StopForumSpam list is CSV. How to get around that or are there any other sites?

Thanks,

Steve

Stopforumspam also provides field records only lists on the download page, that can be used for importing.
    Offline Harlequin  
    #15 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 2:04:51 PM(UTC)
    Harlequin

Watcha thank you. I did a restore and tried the upgrade again. However just like before the install seemed to work fine. Went to the forum page entered the upgrade password and no issues or errors. Clicked to go to the main forum and I end up with the same error;

RawURL: /Community/Forums.aspx

AbsoluteURL: /Default.aspx

AbsoluteURLReferrer: http://www.wodnews.net/Admin/LogViewer.aspx

UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:24.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/24.0 Waterfox/24.0

DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke

ExceptionGUID: e8a0c6d5-ecb4-4393-831d-2256dfa3bdf5

InnerException: Could not locate the guest user for the board id 2. You might have deleted the guest group or removed the guest user.

FileName:

Method: YAF.Core.UserMembershipHelper.<get_GuestUserId>b__0

StackTrace:

Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Could not locate the guest user for the board id 2. You might have deleted the guest group or removed the guest user. ---> YAF.Core.NoValidGuestUserForBoardException: Could not locate the guest user for the board id 2. You might have deleted the guest group or removed the guest user. at YAF.Core.UserMembershipHelper.<get_GuestUserId>b__0() at YAF.Core.Services.Cache.HttpRuntimeCache.GetOrSetInternal[T](String key, Func`1 getValue, Action`1 addToCacheFunction) at YAF.Core.Services.Cache.HttpRuntimeCache.GetOrSet[T](String key, Func`1 getValue) at YAF.Core.UserMembershipHelper.get_GuestUserId() at YAF.Core.RoleMembershipHelper.UpdateForumUser(MembershipUser user, Int32 pageBoardID, String[] roles) at YAF.Core.YafContext.InitUserAndPage() at YAF.Core.UserPageBase.get_Page() at YAF.Core.UserPageBase.get_PageUserID() at YAF.Forum.OnLoad(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Everything was working fine before the upgrade. Please help. Upgrade from 1.9.6 to 2.0
    Thanks for your time.
    Rss Feed  Atom Feed