Zero2Cool
A little background on how I came to this. I have a page that shows the latest headlines. I wanted to display a count for users to show how many new headlines since their last visit. I thought the best way to achieve this would be the cookie setting previous visit as a Guest doesn't have an account so they wouldn't have a entry in yaf_User-lastvisit field. However, I noticed no matter if I restarted my Chrome browser or even my laptop, the date for my last visit would not change. Mind you, FireFox this approach was success as was it in IE10 on my Windows 8 laptop.

I deleted all my cookies for my site on Chrome and then I received a more accurate last visit. But ...

My site shows "Your last visit: Sunday, August 11, 2013 8:10:49 PM" which is not accurate in the slightest sense as I was on it everyday, multiple times since Sunday.

What do I need to fix in my Chrome browser to have it behave properly?
Sponsor
squirrel
You need to set the expiration of the cookie somehow - or have a check of when the cookie was stored and if the cookie date < threshold re-load data, etc. Maybe that helps?

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend