Zero2Cool
I like the header with all the text links in one row, but when I try to accomplish with a modified Green-Grey theme, it breaks a ton of stuff.

I'm wanting the soclean header on a green-grey theme, that's the goal. Thanks for any help.
Zero2Cool attached the following image(s):
Sponsor
squirrel
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool

I like the header with all the text links in one row, but when I try to accomplish with a modified Green-Grey theme, it breaks a ton of stuff.

I'm wanting the soclean header on a green-grey theme, that's the goal. Thanks for any help.

I might be able to help with that if you can give me a day or so -- do you have a theme you're using or is Green-Grey the base you want it on and you'll color the rest yourself?

I'm not the .NET master, but I am REAL good with cross-browser CSS and layout -- Can drop some samples if needed --

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
Zero2Cool
The theme I'm using is linked below. I modified green grey I think. I'm just learning CSS and its got me a little frustrated lol

http://packershome.com/f...mes/ph_dark_v2/theme.css 
squirrel
Originally Posted by: Zero2Cool

The theme I'm using is linked below. I modified green grey I think. I'm just learning CSS and its got me a little frustrated lol

http://packershome.com/f...mes/ph_dark_v2/theme.css 

If you would, please just zip up the folder ./ph_dark_2 and add the .xml file for it from the themes folder -- I will pm you an email address for it -- I'll load it into my YAF dev folder I have on my server and get you squared away. I've got another YAF site that needs a theme too, so I'll knock em both out at once :)

I'm not a very good teacher, but whatever I modify, I'll comment in for ya --

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
Zero2Cool
Originally Posted by: squirrel

If you would, please just zip up the folder ./ph_dark_2 and add the .xml file for it from the themes folder -- I will pm you an email address for it -- I'll load it into my YAF dev folder I have on my server and get you squared away. I've got another YAF site that needs a theme too, so I'll knock em both out at once :)

I'm not a very good teacher, but whatever I modify, I'll comment in for ya --

Comments are excellent, thank you. The current CSS is kind of difficult to follow along with. I tried adding comments here and there to help. I attached the theme to this post. Its nothing proprietary and I doubt anyone wants a Packers theme lol.
File Attachment(s):
themes.zip (362kb) downloaded 86 time(s).
squirrel
No problem, man -- I'll get on this and should have you fixed up here before too long :)

Zero2Cool

No problem, man -- I'll get on this and should have you fixed up here before too long :)

If it takes you only 30 seconds, mind you, I will hunt you down and slap you with a fish! lol ... kidding of course.

Thanks, I appreciate the help!
squirrel
Heh - I wish CSS and layout was a 30 second deal -- I have OCD really bad, so anything CSS gets a fine-toothed comb because I'm so picky about rendering properly in all browser environments that I can test. Every site I do renders properly in IE 7, 8, 9, 10 / FF 12+, Chrome (all versions), Opera, and Safari. Mobile browsers are usually the exception but even then, with the sitecode I use for my backends, I can drop a mobile theme in and it picks up the code on the fly for me :)

Zero2Cool
I wish I had a mobile theme, but I keep finding issues with my ph_dark_v2 and ph_light_v2 themes that I have no time for it. Plus, I keep coding new features into the site too lol. I just finally got two of the new feature pages CSS's styled.
squirrel
YAF has a 'default' mobile theme since v1.9.6.1 -- if you want it colored to match your site, I can handle that -- I'll duplicate it to preserve the original, and add one so you can choose --

Zero2Cool

YAF has a 'default' mobile theme since v1.9.6.1 -- if you want it colored to match your site, I can handle that -- I'll duplicate it to preserve the original, and add one so you can choose --

If it's not too much trouble, that'd be excellent. I have seen the default, but themeing the dark/light versions left me with about 4hrs of sleep for a week straight and I still have things I need to tweak on them lol
squirrel
I'll see what I can come up with for ya 🙂 This will be some practice I need with the YAF Mobile themes, and after we get you squared away, I might work on adding 2-3 color schemes for the mobile layout to be included in the distro for YAF if the devs are interested -- because I have a color scheme I need for another site as well - it will all work out in the end -- but will take me a day or two to get you caught up 🙂
Zero2Cool

I'll see what I can come up with for ya 🙂 This will be some practice I need with the YAF Mobile themes, and after we get you squared away, I might work on adding 2-3 color schemes for the mobile layout to be included in the distro for YAF if the devs are interested -- because I have a color scheme I need for another site as well - it will all work out in the end -- but will take me a day or two to get you caught up :)

Thanks. I don't want to rush or anything, but I am really excited and gotta ask... you think you might have the single line CSS ready by the weekend?

The more I look at it, the more I don't like how much space is wasted and I'm wanting to dig into it lol but I'd rather let someone smart do it.
squirrel
I can get that for ya for sure -- 'desktop' themes are no biggie -- I deal with them more often 🙂 mobile I'll back burner for ya till we get desktop theme proper --
Zero2Cool

I can get that for ya for sure -- 'desktop' themes are no biggie -- I deal with them more often 🙂 mobile I'll back burner for ya till we get desktop theme proper --

It was the damn javascript that wasted my time! haha ... I figured it out. The .js file was replacing the textual name with image.

Desktop theme done.
Mobile theme, I won't attempt if you're able to get to it.