basil2002
  •  basil2002
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2013-02-10T08:06:03Z
Hello! Please tell me where I need to fix to the registration of a new user is not required to enter punctuation or other characters other than letters, and was not required to enter long passwords?
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2013-02-11T12:01:36Z
Both can be set in the web.config for the membership provider you are using

minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="5"
[/b]

example...

<membership defaultProvider="YafMembershipProvider" hashAlgorithmType="SHA1">
      <providers>
        <clear />
        <!-- YAF's ASP.NET Membership Provider is designed to work a bit better with YAF.NET options, but is by no means required.
             But, you will not be able to switch providers after installing your forum. -->
        <add name="YafMembershipProvider" applicationName="YetAnotherForum" connectionStringName="yafnet" requiresUniqueEmail="true" useSalt="true" type="YAF.Providers.Membership.YafMembershipProvider"  minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="5" />
        <!-- Set as default if you want to use use the built-in ASP.NET membership provider. Password Type of "Encrypted" requires a machine key. -->
        <add name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider" applicationName="YetAnotherForum" connectionStringName="yafnet" enablePasswordReset="false" enablePasswordRetrieval="true" maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5" minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0" minRequiredPasswordLength="5" passwordAttemptWindow="15" passwordFormat="Encrypted" requiresQuestionAndAnswer="false" requiresUniqueEmail="true" type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider" />
      </providers>
    </membership>

UserPostedImage
basil2002
  •  basil2002
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2013-02-11T15:17:14Z
Thank you, I have changed in only one place and did not work, so had to ask. Today I will try to correct everywhere.
Gonzalez
2013-02-13T12:08:26Z
Don't exceed the characters limit of 36 words for password.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.