Harlequin
2013-01-25T16:25:54Z
A little confused by reputation. On a new install everyone starts with 1 rep. And by default you need 100 to add/remove rep. So how do all my users get anywhere in rep? I see no way to gain points when you start at 1.. any explanation appreciated!
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2013-01-25T16:41:40Z
To give a +1 reputation you need atleast 1 point ( You can change that in the host settings) to give a negative -1 reputation point a user needs 100 points ( you can also change that in the host settings).

So you can give a positive vote as new user but not a negative one.
UserPostedImage
Harlequin
2013-01-25T21:52:48Z
I see what the issue is now. By default you need 1 to add rep but all my imported users start with 0. I simply changed the settings from 1 to 0 to add rep and now all new users can add rep. Thanks for the reply!
tha_watcha
2013-01-26T15:56:18Z
Originally Posted by: Harlequin 

I see what the issue is now. By default you need 1 to add rep but all my imported users start with 0. I simply changed the settings from 1 to 0 to add rep and now all new users can add rep. Thanks for the reply!



Makes sense. I changed the default Points from 0 to 1 for new users in the next release.


UserPostedImage
Harlequin
2013-01-26T16:22:49Z
Watcha,

Could you take a look at this?
http://forum.yetanotherf...ge-whats-news-issue.aspx 

There are the 2 issues I am still having since I installed and really need help, thanks so much!
stazuk
  •  stazuk
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2013-03-11T21:22:06Z
We are having this same problem.

However, i cannot find the "host setting" you referred to. How can I change this value from 0 to 1 so our users can begin +ing other posts?

Thanks!
tha_watcha
2013-03-13T12:29:03Z
Originally Posted by: stazuk 

We are having this same problem.

However, i cannot find the "host setting" you referred to. How can I change this value from 0 to 1 so our users can begin +ing other posts?

Thanks!



The Host Settings can be accessed from the Main Menu from the "Host" Menu item, right next to the Admin Menu Item.

Which is only available when you are logged in as Host User.


UserPostedImage
JRD85
  •  JRD85
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2013-06-18T10:06:12Z
Thanks guys,

I'm having problems exploring this feature. Is this enable in version 1.9.5-RC1
?
tha_watcha
2013-06-18T10:50:10Z
Originally Posted by: JRD85 

Thanks guys,

I'm having problems exploring this feature. Is this enable in version 1.9.5-RC1
?



No, this Feature was added in version 1.96
UserPostedImage
JRD85
  •  JRD85
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2013-06-18T10:59:40Z
Thank you tha-Watcha, that was most helpful and saved me a massive headache!

Appreciate your time and support. Keep up the good work!

Looks like its back to the drawing board... 😞
Users browsing this topic

    About Us

    The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

    Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

    Project Twitter Updates

    Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved