JP
I really love this user info "hoverbox", since I believe I suggested it a while ago... 😄

However, it shows much more details than I wish to have...

Wouldn't it be a great idea to have the "hoverbox" show the same stuff that is shown in the "userbox"?
Since you can configure the "userbox" display in YAF, the same configuration could maybe be used for the "hoverbox",
so you can have a common config for the public user info - including flags instead of spelling out the country and such too?

Just a thought that struck me, since I think it is a bit inconsistent to show different detail levels of user info in "public" -
should be the same info in both places, decided by the forum admin... That's my view of how this should work... 😄

What do you think, good idea or not?
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Sponsor
tha_watcha
Quote:

Wouldn't it be a great idea to have the "hoverbox" show the same stuff that is shown in the "userbox"?

The idea was to show almost the same info as the profile page not the user box (Currently to all users, the final version will show the hover card based on the profile page viewing permission).

Quote:

Since you can configure the "userbox" display in YAF, the same configuration could maybe be used for the "hoverbox",

No that wouldn't work both html code are different this wouldn't work. The Settings what is shown is based on what is shown on the profile page. Otherwise we need a setting for each info that is shown there.

By the way all 3 Hovercards show the same infos (Twitter, Facebook and forum user profile)
UserPostedImage
JP
Ok, if there will be a "logged in user only" permission added to be able to view the profile details on the hovercard as I have restricted it in the forum for the profiles, that is good enough for me... 👍

Anonymous visitors should not see much at all...

Is there a way to customize the hovercard script, ie where is the source of it....? 😉

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
tha_watcha
The Hovercard is generated via the jQuery Hover Card Plugin (\resources\js\jquery.hovercard.js - source version is in the _src folder).

The content is loaded via ajax the code is located in Classes\YafResourceHandler.cs\ (Method GetUserInfo)
UserPostedImage
JP
Have done some simple experiments with jQuery/Ajax/JSON myself lately, so I am slowly trying to learn this too... 🤔

Will be great to try to understand what you have done by example... Big thanks for directing me to the right places! 😄