Annio
Hi Guys,

I just installed YAF for the first time. The installation finished successfully but I receive an Out Of Memory Exception when I try to open the default page.

This is the error that is appearing on the screen now:

Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

[code=plain]
Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.

Source Error: 

Line 35:                                 PanelID='<%# "categoryPanel" + DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "CategoryID").ToString() %>'
Line 36:                                 AttachedControlID="forumList" ToolTip='<%# this.GetText("COMMON", "SHOWHIDE") %>' />
Line 37:                             &nbsp;&nbsp; <a href='<%# YAF.Utils.YafBuildLink.GetLink(ForumPages.forum,"c={0}",DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "CategoryID")) %>'
Line 38:                                 title='<%# this.GetText("COMMON", "VIEW_CATEGORY") %>'>
Line 39:                                 <asp:Image ID="uxCategoryImage" CssClass="category_image" AlternateText=" " ImageUrl='<%# YafForumInfo.ForumClientFileRoot + YafBoardFolders.Current.Categories + "/" + DataBinder.Eval(Container.DataItem, "CategoryImage") %>'

Source File: e:\Websites\TWF Websites\Bic_forum\controls\ForumCategoryList.ascx    Line: 37 

Stack Trace: 

[OutOfMemoryException: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.]
   YAF.Utils.Helpers.StringUtils.Unidecoder..cctor() +0

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'YAF.Utils.Helpers.StringUtils.Unidecoder' threw an exception.]
   YAF.Utils.Helpers.StringUtils.Unidecoder.Unidecode(String input) +0
   YAF.Core.RewriteUrlBuilder.CleanStringForURL(String str) +484
   YAF.Core.RewriteUrlBuilder.GetCategoryName(Int32 id) +267
   YAF.Core.RewriteUrlBuilder.BuildUrl(String url) +1058
   YAF.Utils.YafBuildLink.GetLink(ForumPages page, Boolean fullUrl, String format, Object[] args) +297
   ASP.controls_forumcategorylist_ascx.__DataBind__control13(Object sender, EventArgs e) in e:\Websites\TWF Websites\Bic_forum\controls\ForumCategoryList.ascx:37
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +304
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +11426535
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +321
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +185
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +627
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.Repeater.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +167
   YAF.Controls.ForumCategoryList.BindData() +291
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +25
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3064

Any Ideas?

Thank you very much,
Annio
Sponsor
bbobb
I remembering that tha_watcha fixed the problem. I converted it into a thread safe dictionary.
Put into your app.config
YAF.UrlRewritingMode = "Unicode"
What culture do you use? *It would be interesting to add an event log entry to catch the string*
Annio
Hi bbobb and thank you very much for you support.

I edited the app.config like you advised and now the forum works like a charm!

My culture is en-GB

Cheers,
Annio