sam_s
Hi all,

When I try to view any usercontrol ( almost all of the ascx controls) or the custom controls in the design view, I get the error message "error rendering the control". (e.g. creating any aspx page and drag and droping any control from the toolbox such as shoutBoxPanel for example, would give me that error when try to view it in design mode)...
Has anyone by any chance resolve this issue or know the main cause. I will greatly appreciate your help.

Regards

Sam
Sponsor
tha_watcha
Originally Posted by: sam_s

Hi all,

When I try to view any usercontrol ( almost all of the ascx controls) or the custom controls in the design view, I get the error message "error rendering the control". (e.g. creating any aspx page and drag and droping any control from the toolbox such as shoutBoxPanel for example, would give me that error when try to view it in design mode)...
Has anyone by any chance resolve this issue or know the main cause. I will greatly appreciate your help.

Regards

Sam

Currently there is no way to resolve this issue, in the way the controls work its impossible to allow them to work in design mode. This issue is logged in the Issue Tracker as task to resolve this but this will take some time to fix.

UserPostedImage
thank you very much for the quick response...does it mean a custom control itself cannot be modified? for example is there anyway to change the properties associated with shoutBoxPanel control besides modifying it in the design mode which you said is impossible as of now?? and how about the functionalities of a custom control? where can the asscoaited code be found at??
thanks a lot tha_watcha!
sam_s
actually I posted the above I dont know what it says Emma? lol
sam_s
Hi tha_watcha,

I was hoping I would see a response from you:) if you get a chance plesae send me a quick reply to my last question and it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sam
tha_watcha
Originally Posted by: Emma

thank you very much for the quick response...does it mean a custom control itself cannot be modified? for example is there anyway to change the properties associated with shoutBoxPanel control besides modifying it in the design mode which you said is impossible as of now?? and how about the functionalities of a custom control? where can the asscoaited code be found at??
thanks a lot tha_watcha!

Of course you still can modify the properties of the control directly in the ascx file, IntelliSense should show you which Properties are available for each control. The associated code can be found in the codebehind file controlname.ascx.cs and some controls located in the YAF.Controls Project

UserPostedImage
sam_s
thanks a lot tha_watcha....also do you know why you select a user to be the moderator of a forum then under the "Moderators" column besides the name of that user it also prints the group name, moderator ? Can we just have the name of the user displayed under that column?

Regards
Sam
bbobb

you select a user to be the moderator of a forum then under the "Moderators" column besides the name of that user it also prints the group name, moderator ?

That means that group Moderators can moderate the forum too or the user is in the group. If it's not so, there's an error in sql script because in my YAF under postgre it displays all OK.

actually I posted the above I dont know what it says Emma? lol

Looks like someone renamed the Guest here. In general, the code that shows the link has known flaws.
sam_s
thank you!