travelballnation
Hello - On my message board when someone goes into the message board it shows the Header then the Topics. I also have the QuickSeach box visible (which I like). However I want to get rid of the Search Forum info at the bottom (below the Show Topics dropdown). I want to get rid of all the stuff below that (with the icons - New Posts, Hot Topic, Announcement, etc). That just clutters up the bottom and I'd rather not have it visible.

I've been through all the settings a few times and I could not find anywhere or any option to turn these off - is there a way to get rid of them so that when someone goes into the message board all they see are the topics and quicksearch up top?

Thanks,
Chris

Sponsor
tha_watcha
To Hide the Forum Search simply set the visible property to false of the control...

In the File pages/topics.ascx

<asp:PlaceHolder ID="ForumSearchHolder" runat="server" Visible="false">
<div id="ForumSearchDiv">
        <YAF:LocalizedLabel ID="LocalizedLabel7" runat="server" LocalizedTag="SEARCH_FORUM" />
        &nbsp;<asp:TextBox id="forumSearch" runat="server"></asp:TextBox>
        &nbsp;<YAF:ThemeButton ID="forumSearchOK" runat="server" CssClass="yaflittlebutton"
                TextLocalizedTag="OK" TitleLocalizedTag="OK_TT" OnClick="ForumSearch_Click" />
    </div>
</asp:PlaceHolder>

You can also do that to the other controls you want to hide, for example the Icons

<YAF:IconLegend ID="IconLegend1" runat="server" Visible="false" />

UserPostedImage
travelballnation
Sorry, but this is still pretty foreign to me. Are you saying that I have to redo the code in the page itself? Basically, I want it set up so that when any other users of the forum log in, they dont see that search stuff on bottom. Where do I find the File pages/topics.ascx - is that in one of the administrator functions?

Or where would I enter that code. I'm not a web designer - I know some of the basics - and I can chance or add some code. But is there a way to do it through the Administrator Controls so that when someone logs in they dont have all that distracting stuff.

If I do need to physically add code to the page - which page to I add it? Where do I set the Visible Property to FALSE?

Thanks,
Chris
tha_watcha
Originally Posted by: travelballnation

Sorry, but this is still pretty foreign to me. Are you saying that I have to redo the code in the page itself? Basically, I want it set up so that when any other users of the forum log in, they dont see that search stuff on bottom. Where do I find the File pages/topics.ascx - is that in one of the administrator functions?

Or where would I enter that code. I'm not a web designer - I know some of the basics - and I can chance or add some code. But is there a way to do it through the Administrator Controls so that when someone logs in they dont have all that distracting stuff.

If I do need to physically add code to the page - which page to I add it? Where do I set the Visible Property to FALSE?

Thanks,
Chris

Yes you need to edit the file topics.ascx in the controls folder of yaf, you can do that with notepad in windows, before that you need to download that file (if possible via ftp), and after edit upload it again.

But if you can wait i can add a Setting to turn on/off the search.

UserPostedImage