robdp
Greetings,

My forum displays the current time that is incorrect (one hour and five minutes off). Windows shows the correct time and time zone, and the forum's Host Settings also has the correct server time zone correction setting (-5).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Sponsor
squirrel
The timezone is adjusted against a user's profile settings. This includes the 'guest' user. When a user registers, one of the questions is the time zone they are in. You can edit the guest user and set that account to the 'default' time zone you want displayed if someone is not logged in, but your other users will have to set their individual timezones in their profile settings -- User Control Panel --> Edit Profile
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
robdp
Thank you for your quick reponse. All accounts, including the guess account, is set to use EST as standard time. However, when accessing the forum (including myself, which the time zone is set correctly), the main page showed 1 hour and 6 minutes behind.

Because of the 6 minutes differences, that makes me believe that the forum is getting the incorrect time from somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
robdp
Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in Advance,
bbobb
YAF internally uses UTC to store date/time.
The Guest date/time for a board is actuallly a board default time.
To change an incorrect time you can simply enter 66 (1 hour and 6 minutes) into the host settings field.
You can see a UTC time there before to check if your server has correct settings. If its correct you can't do anything.
The field is for very special cases only.
YAF adds the difference while it displays data only and in the current version almost all data is taken from Framework UtcDateTime.
And if you use an old YAF version it uses SQL Server UTC almost everywhere and it can be different if database server is on other server.

Total: you should find out what is the reason in your personal case.

robdp
Hello bbobb:

Entering 66 into the host settings field actually did it. Couldn't thank you enough, and much appreciated. :-d

Kind Regards,
bbobb
Glad that it still works, a long time ago I've implemented it for someone like you 🙂