tha_watcha
Originally Posted by: JP

This is not a CSS question really...

Several of my users have expressed the wish to see the original topic poster too in the "Active Discussions" in addition to the last poster. This is because of the fact that users are judging the "Latest post" value also by the topic starter to know if the topic is useful or not for them personally...

My users say that it is how it works in other forums they visit...

I myself would not mind to have the data displayed in the same fashion as the topics are presented in the normal Topics Listing, albeit a bit "leaner"...

I added the topic starter username to the tooltip

http://yafnet.codeplex.c...set/changes/1cf4a7342d6a 
tha_watcha attached the following image(s):

UserPostedImage
JP
Unfortunately, the upgrade does not work ok.... 🤔

Have tried 2 times - first with the current test site, and then with the live site downloaded to the test site...

Is there an intermediate change set upgrade version needed before this set works?
JP attached the following image(s):

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
tha_watcha

Unfortunately, the upgrade does not work ok.... 🤔

Have tried 2 times - first with the current test site, and then with the live site downloaded to the test site...

use the latest change set from the repository and not an old one

http://yafnet.codeplex.c...eControl/list/changesets 
UserPostedImage
JP
Hmmm... Latest change set has removed the tooltip you introduced.... 😞

He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
bbobb
Sorry, the latest changeset wipes out security problem with username instead of display name. All the rest is in place and it requires own localization. A restriction on data layer - it should not be changed without an emergency because of unimportant things as version already was shifted to final ot we will be beta forever.
As to sql script bug - it's fixed.

JP
Latest change set installed fine. But no user tool tip unfortunately over Active Discussions...

But it's better that it's safe and works.
bbobb

Latest change set installed fine. But no user tool tip unfortunately over Active Discussions...

There's a tooltip but no user name. If you don't use display names simply roll back my change in the changeset http://yafnet.codeplex.c...ActiveDiscussion.ascx.cs  . No other option currently is available for you.
tha_watcha

If you want to use it change

textMessageLink.ToolTip = "{0}".FormatWith(
                    this.GetText("COMMON", "VIEW_TOPIC"));

In the File /controls/ForumActiveDiscussion.ascx.cs to...

textMessageLink.ToolTip = "{0} {1}".FormatWith(
                    this.GetText("COMMON", "VIEW_TOPIC"),
                    this.GetText("STARTEDBY").FormatWith(
                        this.Get<YafBoardSettings>().EnableDisplayName
                            ? currentRow["DisplayName"].ToString()
                            : currentRow["UserName"].ToString()));

and also change the topic_latest sp to...

CREATE PROCEDURE [{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}topic_latest]
(
	@BoardID int,
	@NumPosts int,
	@PageUserID int,
	@StyledNicks bit = 0,
	@ShowNoCountPosts  bit = 0,
	@FindLastRead bit = 0
)
AS
BEGIN	

SET ROWCOUNT @NumPosts
	SELECT
		t.LastPosted,
		t.ForumID,
		f.Name as Forum,
		t.Topic,
		t.Status,
		t.Styles,
		t.TopicID,
		t.TopicMovedID,
		t.UserID,
		UserName = IsNull(t.UserName, usr.Name),
		DisplayName = IsNull(t.UserName, usr.DisplayName),		
		t.LastMessageID,
		t.LastMessageFlags,
		t.LastUserID,
		t.NumPosts,
		t.Posted,		
		LastUserName = IsNull(t.LastUserName, usrLast.Name),
		LastDisplayName = IsNull(t.LastUserName, usrLast.DisplayName),		
		LastUserStyle = case(@StyledNicks)
			when 1 then  (select top 1 usr.[UserStyle] from [{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}User] usr with(nolock) where usr.UserID = t.LastUserID)
			else ''	 end,
		LastForumAccess = case(@FindLastRead)
			 when 1 then
			   (SELECT top 1 LastAccessDate FROM [{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}ForumReadTracking] x WHERE x.ForumID=f.ForumID AND x.UserID = @PageUserID)
			 else ''	 end,
		LastTopicAccess = case(@FindLastRead)
			 when 1 then
			   (SELECT top 1 LastAccessDate FROM [{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}TopicReadTracking] y WHERE y.TopicID=t.TopicID AND y.UserID = @PageUserID)
			 else ''	 end

FROM	
		[{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}Topic] t 
	INNER JOIN
		[{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}Forum] f ON t.ForumID = f.ForumID	
	INNER JOIN
		[{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}Category] c ON c.CategoryID = f.CategoryID
	INNER JOIN
		[{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}User] usr ON usr.UserID = t.UserID
	INNER JOIN
		[{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}User] usrLast ON usrLast.UserID = t.LastUserID
	JOIN
		[{databaseOwner}].[{objectQualifier}ActiveAccess] v ON v.ForumID=f.ForumID
	WHERE	
		c.BoardID = @BoardID
		AND t.TopicMovedID is NULL
		AND v.UserID=@PageUserID
		AND (CONVERT(int,v.ReadAccess) <> 0)
		AND t.IsDeleted != 1
		AND t.LastPosted IS NOT NULL
		AND
		f.Flags & 4 <> (CASE WHEN @ShowNoCountPosts > 0 THEN -1 ELSE 4 END)
	ORDER BY
		t.LastPosted DESC;
END
GO

UserPostedImage
JP
I'm afraid I only get "View Topic" as the tooltip also after these alterations when hovering the "Active Discussions" list of topics on the start page ...

Yes, I've cleared the app pool, restarted the site, cleared browser cache (FF) and all those standard things...
Checked that the sp was replaced too...

tha_watcha

I'm afraid I only get "View Topic" as the tooltip also after these alterations when hovering the "Active Discussions" list of topics on the start page ...

Yes, I've cleared the app pool, restarted the site, cleared browser cache (FF) and all those standard things...
Checked that the sp was replaced too...

Did you actually recompiled yaf and replaced the updated yaf.dll? To make sure the sp is updated you need to run the upgrade wizzard.
UserPostedImage
JP
Ok, did not recompile YAF, since I thought an ascx.cs is dynamically compiled as usual....

So what you say is that I have to recompile the whole YAF code to change a forms display control?
(If so, could also be the issue with my other nagging you subject - the "My Topics" ) .

The sp is ok, did the /install thing (wise from earlier attempts...😁 )
tha_watcha

Ok, did not recompile YAF, since I thought an ascx.cs is dynamically compiled as usual....

So what you say is that I have to recompile the whole YAF code to change a forms display control?
(If so, could also be the issue with my other nagging you subject - the "My Topics" ) .

The sp is ok, did the /install thing (wise from earlier attempts...😁 )

Yes You always need to recompile if you change *.cs files in yaf

UserPostedImage
JP
Downloaded latest change set, changed the code in the ascx.cs - and recompiled...

Works like charm now... Perfect! 👍

Thanks tha_watcha and bbobb!
tha_watcha

Downloaded latest change set, changed the code in the ascx.cs - and recompiled...

Works like charm now... Perfect! 👍

Thanks tha_watcha and bbobb!

Good to hear that. Did you actually saw my other answers to your questions in the last message of the previous page of this topic http://forum.yetanotherf...uestions.aspx#post53551? 

UserPostedImage
JP
I read all of your replies... Even in the topics I haven't asked a question... 😉

And appreciate all the help I get...
Unfortunately IE still fails to understand me...

Now time for 2 new things that have been introduced with the latest change sets...

1 - In a user post, the IP-address has moved to the "Userbox" area of the post - This is where it belongs! 👍

2 - The "Edited by" has moved into the user post text area, á la le ancient "Snitz" way of doing it ... 👎

It should stay in the post footer.... It's ok if expanded with the reason too...
And, why can't the "Edited by" spell out which user made the edit instead of "Edited by user" even if I edit someone else's post?

Sorry for nagging you with all small things, but I think my little ideas are for the betterment of the overall "user experience" for the forum... 😉