f0zzyNUE
  •  f0zzyNUE
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2012-02-09T14:38:37Z
Hi,

I had several complaints that the smiley-box is not displayes left to the post edior. instead of the smileys some users only see "Loading ...".

I experience this behavior almost any time I surf with my iPhone, iPad or use internet tethering via iPhone. Some users report that they get smileys at home, but not at work.

Kind of strange. But it seems to be a problem with the connection - question is - what might be the reason?

CHris
Sponsor
daveburke
2012-02-10T03:57:29Z
Chris,

I might be mistaken, but the smiley box shouldn't be appearing on iPhones and other devices if you're using the YAF Mobile Theme and mobile is configured correctly (in v1.9.5.5 anyway.) I know it doesn't for me, but I'm using a slightly modified mobile theme.

You can verify you're using the mobile theme in YAF Admin -> Settings -> Board Settings.

Good luck,
Dave
f0zzyNUE
  •  f0zzyNUE
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander Topic Starter
2012-02-10T19:41:25Z
Originally Posted by: daveburke 

Chris,

I might be mistaken, but the smiley box shouldn't be appearing on iPhones and other devices if you're using the YAF Mobile Theme and mobile is configured correctly (in v1.9.5.5 anyway.) I know it doesn't for me, but I'm using a slightly modified mobile theme.

You can verify you're using the mobile theme in YAF Admin -> Settings -> Board Settings.

Good luck,
Dave

I am not speaking about the mobile theme - we also support the mobile theme, but on the regular themed site using the blue-grey and red-grey themes the smiley box is not displayed. it seems to be some problem with the dynamic loading ...

CHris
ninaxd
2012-08-30T08:28:31Z
Has this been resolved, I am experiencing the same thing with screaming forum posters wanting to flame the administrators because of the perpetual loading screen.

Nina

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.