rjryerson
Sorry to be overloading the forums with these issues. But I am going through my site, a DNN site, and tightening it up.

This problem isn't work stoppage, but it makes things so difficult when assigning permissions in the forums.

My site(s) are comprised of three portals, one parent portal, and two child portals. If in child portal 1, Child1, I create a Role in the DNN administration, Child1Role, this role will show up in the Forum roles of Portal Child2.

Each portal is related, hence they are children of the parent portal, however they are different from a security stand point.

Since 1.9.6 is coming soon, is there a file I can edit to limit the role lookup to the current portal and global roles only (temporarily)? Even if it's not fixed in 1.9.6, I wouldn't think it's too awful to make this change.

Again, sorry for overloading with issues here, and thank you for addressing them.
Sponsor
tha_watcha
Originally Posted by: rjryerson

Sorry to be overloading the forums with these issues. But I am going through my site, a DNN site, and tightening it up.

This problem isn't work stoppage, but it makes things so difficult when assigning permissions in the forums.

My site(s) are comprised of three portals, one parent portal, and two child portals. If in child portal 1, Child1, I create a Role in the DNN administration, Child1Role, this role will show up in the Forum roles of Portal Child2.

Each portal is related, hence they are children of the parent portal, however they are different from a security stand point.

Since 1.9.6 is coming soon, is there a file I can edit to limit the role lookup to the current portal and global roles only (temporarily)? Even if it's not fixed in 1.9.6, I wouldn't think it's too awful to make this change.

Again, sorry for overloading with issues here, and thank you for addressing them.

But there are not directly imported as Roles in the Child Forum in the Child Portal Right (As Shown in the Attached Screenshot) Right?

Looks like we need a Custom Role Provider for dnn, or we should hide that list in DNN to avoid that Problem.
tha_watcha attached the following image(s):

UserPostedImage
rjryerson
Hey tha_watcha,

Has there been any development on this? I see the 1.9.5.5 is still the same version for the DNN module.

BTW, any help with the Portal Roles issue?
tha_watcha

Hey tha_watcha,

Has there been any development on this? I see the 1.9.5.5 is still the same version for the DNN module.

BTW, any help with the Portal Roles issue?

The Latest Version is 1.9.6.1

http://dnnyafnet.codeplex.com/releases/view/84988 

I just updated it now longer shows roles of other Portals.
UserPostedImage
rjryerson
Thanks for the update!
rjryerson
This issue is still present. The forums of Child Portal A is pulling down roles from Child Portal B, now with automation.
tha_watcha

This issue is still present. The forums of Child Portal A is pulling down roles from Child Portal B, now with automation.

Did the roles have the same name in both Portals?

When a user is imported, the yaf module checks which roles the user is in, and if the role didn't exist in yaf the role gets created in yaf. Did you use separate boards for each portal, or did you use one board (forum). If you use one forum for all portals the roles could be visible.
UserPostedImage
tha_watcha
Confirmed it appears that a child Portal Role appears in the Parent Portal. But a Parent Portal Role didnt appear in a Child Portal.

I'm trying to fix the problem
UserPostedImage
tha_watcha
Update, i have completely rewritten the logic that handles the syncing of roles between yaf<->dnn. In the next Release it should work as expected.

I could upload an nightly build based on the latest source code.
UserPostedImage