DMKI
Hi,

THIS forum constantly gives Error 500 (which is a server error, not related to me). Could you please check your logs and see what the problems are?

And now about the problem with my installation:

Also, when someone tries to enter HTML code into the subject or body of message, topic list becomes corrupted. I think htmlencoding is required.

Thanks!

YaF 1.9.5.5
.NET 4, Windows Server 2003 SP2
Sponsor
tha_watcha
Quote:

THIS forum constantly gives Error 500 (which is a server error, not related to me). Could you please check your logs and see what the problems are?

Problem is known and should be fixed with the next time Jaben updates the forum

Quote:

Also, when someone tries to enter HTML code into the subject or body of message, topic list becomes corrupted. I think htmlencoding is required.

That the disadvantage when you enable a html editor, and a user is messing up the html content.

You can disable the html editor and switch to the standard bbcode editor, or you remove some of the Accepted HTML Tags in the Host Settings -> Editor

Another idea could be if the editor or yaf checks if all tag are closed to prevent such problems
UserPostedImage
squirrel
Personally I feel that the subject/title should not allow HTML - only the message text/body -- maybe an admin switch in the future?
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
tha_watcha
Originally Posted by: squirrel

Personally I feel that the subject/title should not allow HTML - only the message text/body -- maybe an admin switch in the future?

It is not allowed to post html in the title. the subject will be automatically encoded
UserPostedImage