Underground
I have no idea if this a bug or an intended change (of 1.9.5.5 RTW).
But within previous versions of YAF, if someone posts a text like .... http://...
then this URL was presented as a link in previous versions of YAF. (So, also without the url=.../url BBCode)

I have upgraded the forum software and now a user complained that older posts, where the url was a clickable link is no longer a clickable link anymore. The url (...http://...) is just presented as text.
Is this intended or a bug?
My site containing the YAF forum: Globalcaching.eu 
Sponsor
JP
Are the URL:s within the [url] tags or just posted directly?

I had a big problem with BBCode tags as [url] and [img] since suddenly spaces were no longer trimmed in 1.9.5.x, so if there was a space at eg the end of the link it would just display as plain text.

Plain URL's posted directly without tags have always worked for me in my forum, just BBCode enclosed links have been trouble...

Spent 2 days fixing up old [img] links in my forum after the upgrade to 1.9.5.x... 😢

Even if the YAF developers do great things, sometimes YAF users/administrators have to put in a lot of work to fix the "issues" that are introduced by a new version... But since I am committed to YAF, I try my best to fix the issues...
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]
Underground
Originally Posted by: JP 

Are the URL:s within the [url] tags or just posted directly?

Within the url tags, it is all OK. It is about the plain text, no BBCode of text like...
let me try it here:
http://www.globalcaching.eu 

hmm, is a clickable link. Lets try: www.globalcaching.eu 

also OK, now I am lost. On our forum the links are not clickable anymore.

But then again, the complaint was about all old posts and not new posts.
bbobb
The problem sometimes happened in past, but I don't encouner it in very recent YAF versions so far.
Underground
Weird! Now suddenly the links here in my previous posts are not clickable anymore.
So, something is going wrong.
JP
I must agree upon this interesting fact... The links are indeed inactive now... Must check in my own forum...

Edit: seems like old links without tags still work in my forum....
He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes. He who does not ask a question remains a fool forever. [Old Chinese Proverb]