ruek23
Ok this is a long shot.

I was thinking today that I would love it if yours could customise their Userbox.

Example:-

On my version of YAF I've included xbox live gamercards which has replaced avatars.

so the userbox template for my yaf is

<div class="section">
<yaf:rank />
<yaf:rankimage />
<yaf:xblgamertag />
<br /><yaf:medals />
</div>
<div class="section"><yaf:joindate /> <yaf:posts /></div>
<div class="section"><yaf:thanksto /> <yaf:thanksfrom /></div>

I think it would be cool that if I added a PSN (Playstation Network) gamercard that a user could pick between the two.

This is what made me come up with the idea of a custom userbox...

the ADMIN is able to set a list of items you have to have and in what order with custom slots the user can place what they want.

example:

|   Item             |    Order    |
|   Rank           |        1        |
|   rankimage  |        2        |
|   Custom       |        3        |
|   medals       |        4        |
|   thanks        |        5        |

this means the user in their Profile can select what they want in the custom slot.... XBL gamertag, PSN, Avatar etc etc.

What do you guys think? I know it's a big solution for something simple but I was thinking in terms of making it generic and not just my forum.
Sponsor
tha_watcha
Quote:

What do you guys think? I know it's a big solution for something simple but I was thinking in terms of making it generic and not just my forum.

I think to make it really generic a feature that allows the admin to add/edit/remove/hide profile properties is needed for that, then you can add profile properties like the xbox live gamer tag or else not only to the userbox you can add it also to the user profile page.

A Profile Property Editor should be a top priority feature for a YAF 2.x Release :-d
UserPostedImage
ruek23
I've been thinking a bit more about the

Profile Property Editor

The issue I can see is languages.

When creating a Profile Property you would have to create an item for translation. I mean the option would be to add it to an xml file like the current localisation e.g. profileproperties-english.xml then you could copy and paste to get it translated but I guess that's all in the planning if you where going to do something like this.