Howdy.

We're currently sorting out a YAF installation, we need to move it between hosts before we update it to a more recent version.

I believe they're using v1.0.0.

We have the database and files setup and running on a temporary domain for testing, but we're running into some problems. Hoping you'll be able to give me some ideas or a nudge in the right direction..

• Users are unable to login
  • When Users attempt to recover their passwords they receive the error "There was an error creating your new password".
  • Users are unable to sign up

Search is working fine and we can browse existing content with no problems at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to get them updated to the latest version. 🙂
Topic Starter
  • Goaty
    52.4%
More information is needed such as the version you are moving to (v1.9.5 or final)?

Did you use the upgrade web.config? Did you migrate all the users?
  • Jaben
    100%
  • Medals:
    Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.
  • Was thanked: 352 time(s) in 195 post(s)
Thanks for the prompt reply,sorry I may not have made what I was attempting clear in the first post.

I'm trying to move the current installation of 1.0.0 to a new environment and make it operational before we perform the update, the issues I'm encountering are what we're experiencing since we move the 1.0.0 installation to the new enviornment.

Topic Starter
  • Goaty
    52.4%
I do hate to bump a topic. But my testing and investigations have come up with nothing 😞
Topic Starter
  • Goaty
    52.4%
Got it sorted in the end actually, turns out it was a pretty weird problem.. but hey... fixed.
Topic Starter
  • Goaty
    52.4%
Originally Posted by: Goaty

Got it sorted in the end actually, turns out it was a pretty weird problem.. but hey... fixed.

Glad you got it sorted. I can't say I know that much about v1.0 anymore. I haven't touched in 5+ years.
  • Jaben
    100%
  • Medals:
    Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.YAF.NET Supporter: Loves YAF.NET!YAF.NET Supporter: Supports our efforts. Thank you.Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given to a community member who tirelessly answers tons of support questions.
  • Was thanked: 352 time(s) in 195 post(s)