andrewcameron
2011-02-07T13:31:22Z
I'm running YAF 1.9.5 RC, recently upgraded from a crazy-old version and everything seems to be smooth except for digests. I've set up the config options that are required, but when I click "Generate Digest" nothing appears. I've debugged in and the line it's failing on is line 184 of YAF.Controls.emaildigest:

if (token.IsNotSet() || !token.Equals(YafContext.Current.BoardSettings.WebServiceToken))

BoardSettings.WebServiceToken seems to return a different guid every time it's accessed, so the token provided never matches it. If I comment out that requirement then it works fine, but obviously for security and the sake of not branching the project I don't want to do this. Any suggestions on what's happening here would be very much appreciated!

Additionally, I noticed while debugging that the digest is generated based on the last 24 hours of activity but that "this._topicHours" is hard-coded to -24 - is it possible to change this value from the admin interface, or at the very least without branching the code?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2011-02-07T15:44:01Z
You need to go into your host settings and click save once -- your web token won't change anymore.

The reason the 24 hour thing is hard coded is because the scheduling for the digest makes it generate every 24 hours. I've never seen a digest work differently.

But I guess it could be added as a feature request.
andrewcameron
2011-02-07T16:01:51Z
Originally Posted by: Jaben 

You need to go into your host settings and click save once -- your web token won't change anymore.

Awesome, thanks!

Originally Posted by: Jaben 

The reason the 24 hour thing is hard coded is because the scheduling for the digest makes it generate every 24 hours. I've never seen a digest work differently.

For forums with lower readerships it would be nice to have a 48-hourly or weekly digest just so that a niche site which serves its purpose but isn't an essential part of anyone's life can keep its users updated without appearing like it's spamming them disproportionately to its own importance.

But yes, I will post in the feature request forum. Thanks again for your help.