squirrel
I need a way to tell YAF not to attempt to send any notifications -- I just pushed our live upgrade from Snitz to YAF and now at this point every time there is a post or reply, there is an error claiming the string is not in the proper format for an email message.

Then, when you reload the forum, the post is there like nothing was wrong, but the error is an issue. I need to disable the notifications completely for the time being while I work out where this email string is becoming an issue. I'm sure it's something to do with my migration, but currently I have a live system that is error-happy.

Thanks for your time!
If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
squirrel
NOW - here's the interesting part. I'm getting an error for posts, replies, edits, etc.

The error is below.

System.FormatException: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address.
   at System.Net.Mime.MailBnfHelper.ReadMailAddress(String data, Int32& offset, String& displayName)
   at System.Net.Mail.MailAddress.ParseValue(String address)
   at System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName, Encoding displayNameEncoding)
   at System.Net.Mail.MailAddress..ctor(String address, String displayName)
   at YAF.Classes.Core.YafSendNotification.ToWatchingUsers(Int32 newMessageId)
   at YAF.Pages.postmessage.PostReply_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at YAF.Controls.ThemeButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at YAF.Controls.ThemeButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Here's the most interesting part - the system is still sending out the notifications and they are working. Somehow...

If you can't find it using the forum search, try my signature link -- searches this site using Google: Google is my Friend 
squirrel
Ok - here's the deal.

In the version I have, when I ran the install/default.aspx and got the error about the field "NotificationType" missing in the database, I created it manually and install continued just fine (going from v1.9.3 to v1.9.5 rev 4221) - This is on my Snitz Migrated Forums. When the system dealt with all my users, it set the NotificationType to a value of 0. For some reason this causes major issue when YAF tries to decide whether to send notifications to topic posts. I found in my digging that Setting "No Notifications" on a user profile sets this value to "10" in the database for that user. I ran a SQL Query setting any user that had a NotificationType value of "0" to "10" and executed it and poof - no more of these errors are appearing. I had already checked all my imported users to locate any with blank email addresses (or invalid format email addresses) and none were found, so that wasn't the issue. It had to do with this NotificationType value being = to "0".

Don't know if this will help anyone else, but as far as the source goes, you might want to put a check in the install script that makes sure the value isn't set to 0 or it will cause problems when users attempt to post messages.