I have a requirement to use something akin to Display Name as the displayed username in our membership integrated forum. Our actual usernames are the users' email addresses and those can't be displayed. Is there a way "out of the box" to get the Display Name feature working in a membership integation situation? or will that require custom coding? Thanks!
Topic Starter
  • cascadian
    65%
YAF uses a standard Membership provider. . You can hook the data from your custom membership provider, but DisplayName is stored in User table and you should have some custom code anyway to fill in the table field from your Membership Provider.
  • bbobb
    100%
  • Medals:
    Medal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.Medal of Honor for a YAF Database Key Player: Holds the key to YAF database. Bow down!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Given for answering tons of support questions and generally helping the community.Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has answered lots of support questions.
  •  Man  Russian Federation
  • Was thanked: 287 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Thanks for that info. I integrated my forum with a pre-existing asp.net membership provider via web.config edits, then ran Sync All Membership Users which worked fine to pull in the pre-existing members. So, given that, am I right that you're saying I will need to edit the code to get the Display Name from YAF's User table to show instead of the membership username? (ie: this is not a configurable YAF setting in my case?)

Thanks in advance for the clarification!
Topic Starter
  • cascadian
    65%