tawatts99
Everything else seems to work, fine, made sure I unblocked zip file before extracting into forum root etc.

What did I miss?

image.png

Thank you in advance!

Just checked the event log .... Now I see this is certainly part of the problem ...
==================================================
Event code: 3005
Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.
Event time: 1/4/2020 2:00:23 PM
Event time (UTC): 1/4/2020 7:00:23 PM
Event ID: 7d2d34cdaf70484482144d62e6b88dbd
Event sequence: 112
Event occurrence: 49
Event detail code: 0

Application information:
Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/3/ROOT-12-132226378579126
Trust level: Full
Application Virtual Path: /
Application Path: D:\wwwroot\YAF\
Machine name: *************

Process information:
Process ID: 4476
Process name: w3wp.exe
Account name: IIS APPPOOL\YetAnotherForum

Exception information:
Exception type: DependencyResolutionException
Exception message: A delegate registered to create instances of 'System.Web.HttpSessionStateBase' returned null.
at Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& decoratorTarget)

Request information:
Request URL: https://***********:443/Default.aspx?g=Images/Logos/YAFLogo.svg
Request path: /Default.aspx
User host address: ***.***.***.** *
User:
Is authenticated: False
Authentication Type:
Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\YetAnotherForum

Thread information:
Thread ID: 48
Thread account name: IIS APPPOOL\YetAnotherForum
Is impersonating: False
Stack trace: at Autofac.Core.Activators.Delegate.DelegateActivator.ActivateInstance(IComponentContext context, IEnumerable`1 parameters)
at Autofac.Core.Resolving.InstanceLookup.Activate(IEnumerable`1 parameters, Object& decoratorTarget)
Sponsor
tha_watcha
Regarding the icons. clear your browser cache, or go to the board setting page and click on Increase crm version!
UserPostedImage
tawatts99
Thanks  tha_watcha

I tried both ... still no icons ... I'm guessing it's a problem with the css? When I look at the source code for this forum site and compare it to the CSS files referenced in my version of the forum, I don't see these entries? Should they be in the upgrade/install version?

<!-- CSS Global Icons -->
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../assets/vendor/icon-awesome/css/font-awesome.min.css" /><link rel="stylesheet" href="../assets/vendor/icon-line/css/simple-line-icons.css" /><link rel="stylesheet" href="../assets/vendor/icon-etlinefont/style.css" /><link rel="stylesheet" href="../assets/vendor/icon-line-pro/style.css" /><link rel="stylesheet" href="../assets/vendor/icon-hs/style.css" /><link rel="stylesheet" href="../assets/vendor/hs-megamenu/src/hs.megamenu.css" /><link rel="stylesheet" href="../assets/vendor/hamburgers/hamburgers.min.css" />

<!-- CSS Unify -->
<link rel="stylesheet" href="../assets/css/unify-core.css" /><link rel="stylesheet" href="../assets/css/unify-components.css" /><link rel="stylesheet" href="../assets/css/unify-globals.css" /><link href="/forum/content/jquery.fileupload.comb.min.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><link href="/forum/Content/Themes/yaf/bootstrap-forum.min.css?v=9" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" /><link href="/forum/Content/forum.min.css?v=9" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

Sorry to bother, and thank you for your help in trying top find the problem with my site ...

If you want to see the forum, it's at https://forum.rsnav.com 
tha_watcha
Looks like the fonts are not loaded

https://forum.rsnav.com/...ebfonts/fa-solid-900.ttf 
UserPostedImage
tha_watcha
I think i should work if you add...

<staticContent>
       <remove fileExtension=".ico" />
      <mimeMap fileExtension=".ico" mimeType="image/x-icon" />
	  <remove fileExtension=".ttf" />
      <remove fileExtension=".svg" />
      <remove fileExtension=".woff" />
      <remove fileExtension=".woff2" />
      <mimeMap fileExtension=".woff" mimeType="application/x-font-woff" />
	  <mimeMap fileExtension=".ttf" mimeType="application/font-sfnt" />
      <mimeMap fileExtension=".svg" mimeType="image/svg+xml" />  
      <mimeMap fileExtension=".woff2" mimeType="application/font-woff2" />
    </staticContent>

to your web.config under system.webServer
UserPostedImage
tawatts99
Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 

I think i should work if you add...

<staticContent>
    </staticContent>

to your web.config under system.webServer

Just tried ... No luck ... :(

To be clear ... you mean within the system.webserver block, right?

<system.webServer>
    <validation validateIntegratedModeConfiguration="false" />
    <modules>
      <remove name="YafTaskModule" />
      <remove name="UrlRewriter" />
      <add name="YafTaskModule" type="YAF.Core.YafTaskModule, YAF.Core" preCondition="managedHandler" />
      <add name="UrlRewriter" type="YAF.UrlRewriter.RewriterHttpModule,YAF.UrlRewriter" />
    </modules>
    <handlers>
      <add name="YafHandler" preCondition="integratedMode" verb="GET" path="Resource.ashx" type="YAF.Core.Handlers.YafResourceHandler, YAF.Core" />
    </handlers>
    <caching>
      <profiles>
        <add extension=".png" policy="CacheUntilChange" varyByHeaders="Browser" location="Client" />
        <add extension=".gif" policy="CacheUntilChange" varyByHeaders="Browser" location="Client" />
        <add extension=".jpg" policy="CacheUntilChange" varyByHeaders="Browser" location="Client" />
        <add extension=".js" policy="CacheUntilChange" varyByHeaders="Browser" location="Client" />
        <add extension=".css" policy="CacheUntilChange" varyByHeaders="Browser" location="Client" />
        <add extension=".ico" policy="CacheUntilChange" varyByHeaders="Browser" location="Client" />
        <add extension=".axd" kernelCachePolicy="CacheUntilChange" varyByHeaders="Browser" location="Client" />
      </profiles>
	</caching>
<staticContent>
   </staticContent>
  </system.webServer>
tha_watcha
Quote:

To be clear ... you mean within the system.webserver block, right?

Yes

and what error are you getting when you set custom errors to off in the web.config?

<customErrors mode="Off" />

UserPostedImage
tawatts99
Turned off the customer errors page ... nothing is showing up. Nothing in the logs related to this either.

I found another bug in user registration. , I'll load in a new post.
tha_watcha
I think the problem is the urlrewriter.. open the urlrewriter.config and replace the content with...

<rewriter>
  <!-- Advanced URL Rewriting Format -->
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+?)?info?\?i=([0-9]+?)&amp;url\=(.+)$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=info&amp;i=$2&amp;url=$3" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?topics/([0-9]+)-((.+))?(/page([0-9]+))(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=topics&amp;f=$2&amp;p=$6&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?topics/([0-9]+)-((.+))?(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=topics&amp;f=$2&amp;$6" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?category/([0-9]+)-((.+))?(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=forum&amp;c=$2&amp;$6" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?posts/t([0-9]+)findlastpost-((.+))?(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=posts&amp;t=$2&amp;find=lastpost&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?posts/t([0-9]+)findunread-((.+))?(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=posts&amp;t=$2&amp;find=unread&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?posts/t([0-9]+)-((.+))?(/page([0-9]+))(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=posts&amp;t=$2&amp;p=$6&amp;$8" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?posts/t([0-9]+)-((.+))?(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=posts&amp;t=$2&amp;$6" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?posts/m([0-9]+)findlastpost-((.+))?(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=posts&amp;m=$2&amp;find=lastpost&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?posts/m([0-9]+)findunread-((.+))?(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=posts&amp;m=$2&amp;find=unread&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?posts/m([0-9]+)-((.+))?(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=posts&amp;m=$2&amp;$6" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?profile/([0-9]+)-((.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=profile&amp;u=$2&amp;$6" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?admin/([\p{Ll}\p{Lu}\p{Lt}\p{Lo}\p{Nd}\p{Pc}-]+)?/([\p{Ll}\p{Lu}\p{Lt}\p{Lo}\p{Nd}\p{Pc}-]+)?(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=admin_$2_$3&amp;$5" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?admin/([\p{Ll}\p{Lu}\p{Lt}\p{Lo}\p{Nd}\p{Pc}-]+)?(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=admin_$2&amp;$4" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?rsstopic/ft([0-9]+)t([0-9]+)-((.+))(_([\p{Ll}\p{Lu}\p{Lt}\p{Lo}\p{Nd}\p{Pc}-]+))?(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=rsstopic&amp;ft=$2&amp;t=$3&amp;$9" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?rsstopic/ft([0-9]+)f([0-9]+)-((.+))(_([\p{Ll}\p{Lu}\p{Lt}\p{Lo}\p{Nd}\p{Pc}-]+))?(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=rsstopic&amp;ft=$2&amp;f=$3&amp;$9" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?rsstopic/ft([0-9]+)-(([\p{Ll}\p{Lu}\p{Lt}\p{Lo}\p{Nd}\p{Pc}-]+))_([\p{Ll}\p{Lu}\p{Lt}\p{Lo}\p{Nd}\p{Pc}-]+)(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=rsstopic&amp;ft=$2&amp;pg=$3&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?rsstopic/ft([0-9]+)-(([\p{Ll}\p{Lu}\p{Lt}\p{Lo}\p{Nd}\p{Pc}-]+))-([\p{Ll}\p{Lu}\p{Lt}\p{Lo}\p{Nd}\p{Pc}-]+)(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=rsstopic&amp;ft=$2&amp;pg=$3&amp;$7" processing="stop" />
  <rewrite url="^~/(.+?)?login(\?(.+))?$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=login&amp;$3" processing="stop" />
  <if url="^((?!\.ashx|\.asmx|\.axd|\.gif|\.png|\.jpg|\.ico|\.svg|\.ttf|\.woff|\.woff2|\.pdf|\.css|\.js|\/install|error\.aspx|auth\.aspx|default\.aspx|popup\.aspx|advanced\.aspx|digest\.aspx|ftb.imagegallery\.aspx|ckfinder|api).)*$">
    <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?\?(.+)?$" to="~/Default.aspx?g=$1&amp;$2" processing="stop" />
    <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?\.aspx$" to="~/Default.aspx?g=$1" processing="stop" /> 
    <rewrite url="^~/(.+)?$" to="~/Default.aspx?g=$1" processing="stop" />
  </if>
</rewriter>

UserPostedImage
tawatts99
Ah Ha!

You Rock!! That's what the problem was ... All there now! Thanks!!!

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.