Hi,

I want to add multiple clients with their separate forum and users inside my forum. Is it possible with YAF.

Thanks,
Jai Shrivastav

Topic Starter
  • Jai Shrivastav
    51.2%
  •  India
Originally Posted by: Jai Shrivastav

Hi,

I want to add multiple clients with their separate forum and users inside my forum. Is it possible with YAF.

Thanks,
Jai Shrivastav

Yes that is possible. You can set different access mask to different user groups (roles) and also to specific users (clients)

UserPostedImage
  • tha_watcha
    100%
  • Medals:
    Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.
  •  Germany
  • Was thanked: 1211 time(s) in 1036 post(s)
Is there any tutorial link or video available to guide me through it ? I am new to it, so will be very grateful.
Topic Starter
  • Jai Shrivastav
    51.2%
  •  India
Originally Posted by: Jai Shrivastav

Is there any tutorial link or video available to guide me through it ? I am new to it, so will be very grateful.

No there aren't any tutorial on this topic. Because it really depends on what you are trying to setup. So i can give you an example..

First you assign your "clients" users to a Role called "Clients". Then you create a forum in your board for the clients. On the Page where you edit/create the forum you find the controls where you assign the Access Masks to the Roles. In your case clients would get the Access Mask called "Member Access", and Guest the "No Access" Mask.

UserPostedImage
  • tha_watcha
    100%
  • Medals:
    Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.
  •  Germany
  • Was thanked: 1211 time(s) in 1036 post(s)