Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline rohanphillips  
#1 Posted : 14 April 2014 23:37:30(UTC)
rohanphillips

United States

Hi,

I've tried to search the forum, can't seem to find anything.... I just did a fresh install of YAF and it crashes my site throwing an error associated with Cook.Computing.XmlRpc2.dll and not being able to start.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks
Sponsor
Offline Zero2Cool  
#2 Posted : 15 April 2014 14:57:10(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Medals: Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has assisted lots and lots of people!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 92 post(s)
What is the full error and what YAF version are you using?
Offline rohanphillips  
#3 Posted : 15 April 2014 15:45:56(UTC)
rohanphillips

United States

Server Error in '/' Application.
Could not load file or assembly 'CookComputing.XmlRpcV2, Version=2.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a7d6e17aa302004d' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.IO.FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'CookComputing.XmlRpcV2, Version=2.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a7d6e17aa302004d' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Source Error:
An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to determine why the assembly 'CookComputing.XmlRpcV2, Version=2.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a7d6e17aa302004d' could not be loaded.

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Stack Trace:

[FileLoadException: Could not load file or assembly 'CookComputing.XmlRpcV2, Version=2.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a7d6e17aa302004d' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)]
System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes(RuntimeAssembly assembly, ObjectHandleOnStack retTypes) +0
System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.GetExportedTypes() +21
YAF.Core.<>c__DisplayClass2`1.<FindClassesWithAttribute>b__0(Assembly a) +31
System.Linq.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext() +66
YAF.Core.AssemblyExtensions.FindClassesWithAttribute(IEnumerable`1 assemblies) +237
YAF.Core.Modules.DynamicServicesModule.RegisterDynamicServices(Assembly[] assemblies) +132
YAF.Core.Modules.DynamicServicesModule.Load(ContainerBuilder containerBuilder) +20
YAF.Core.BaseModule.Configure(IComponentRegistry componentRegistry) +90
Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Build(IComponentRegistry componentRegistry, Boolean excludeDefaultModules) +113
Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Update(IComponentRegistry componentRegistry) +14
YAF.Core.IHaveComponentRegistryExtensions.UpdateRegistry(IHaveComponentRegistry haveComponentRegistry, ContainerBuilder containerBuilder) +64
YAF.Core.BaseModule.RegisterBaseModules(Assembly[] assemblies, IEnumerable`1 exclude) +510
YAF.Core.Modules.BootstrapModule.Load(ContainerBuilder builder) +100
YAF.Core.BaseModule.Configure(IComponentRegistry componentRegistry) +90
Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Build(IComponentRegistry componentRegistry, Boolean excludeDefaultModules) +113
Autofac.ContainerBuilder.Build(ContainerBuildOptions options) +53
YAF.Core.GlobalContainer.CreateContainer() +81
YAF.Core.GlobalContainer..cctor() +14

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'YAF.Core.GlobalContainer' threw an exception.]
YAF.Core.YafTaskModule.Init(HttpApplication httpApplication) +137
System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +418
System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336
System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): The type initializer for 'YAF.Core.GlobalContainer' threw an exception.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9915300
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

#4 Posted : 15 April 2014 16:03:19(UTC)
Zero2Cool

Medals: Medal of Honor for the Support Knight: Given to a community member who has assisted lots and lots of people!

Man
United States

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 92 post(s)
Okay.

Check your web.config file.

Check the properties of the CookComputing.XmlRpcV2 DLL you have.

Then make sure they are BOTH the same version. If the DLL is 2.5, then make sure the web.config is looking for 2.5. If it is not, then change it.

That should fix that for you.
Offline rohanphillips  
#5 Posted : 15 April 2014 17:06:23(UTC)
rohanphillips

United States

Ok, I'll check it out in a bit,

However, shouldn't it all be set up correctly when I use the DNN install file downloaded from the YAF website? That is the error it threw right after running the extension install package.
Offline rohanphillips  
#6 Posted : 15 April 2014 23:29:26(UTC)
rohanphillips

United States

I checked the web.config file that was updated after the install of YAF and did not find any reference to the cookcomputing dll

Thoughts?

Thanks
Offline tha_watcha  
#7 Posted : 16 April 2014 10:50:05(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1189 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
Originally Posted by: rohanphillips Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I'll check it out in a bit,

However, shouldn't it all be set up correctly when I use the DNN install file downloaded from the YAF website? That is the error it threw right after running the extension install package.

Sorry but that issue can't be fixed by the installation

The Problem: Multiple DNN Modules use that Libary (dll files), but only yaf uses the official build provided through NuGet.

Solution: The Solution that should work is manually extract the CookComputing.XmlRpcV2 from the YAF Module Install package and copy it in to the bin folder of your dnn installation.
Offline rohanphillips  
#8 Posted : 16 April 2014 13:39:05(UTC)
rohanphillips

United States

I did as you recommended, I verified that the CookComputing DLL was in the bin folder, the above error still exists

Is there supposed to be a reference to this dll in web.config?
Offline rohanphillips  
#9 Posted : 16 April 2014 13:51:08(UTC)
rohanphillips

United States

I did as you recommended, I verified that the CookComputing DLL was in the bin folder, the above error still exists

my apologies, I didn't follow your steps correctly, obviously this dll was already there, I copied as you suggested from the installation zip and it's running, thank you
Offline tha_watcha  
#10 Posted : 16 April 2014 13:54:53(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1189 time(s) in 1019 post(s)

No.

In some cases the wrong dll is still in the application temp folder. In that case CookComputing.XmlRpcV2.dll delete the file restart the application an the put the file from the zip back in. And restart again. Then the correct file should be loaded.
Offline khushi  
#11 Posted : 05 September 2018 09:57:04(UTC)
khushi

India

System has important to contain the dll files to access the data or other files in the system then you need to find the missing Glide2x.dll file and configure the setting of dll files then work without any interruption.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed