Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Ella  
#1 Posted : 28 July 2018 22:25:33(UTC)
Ella

Russian Federation

Hello.
Just installing 2.2.4.13.
Set settings for Facebook login.
After request Facebook security and come back to forum, got this error: The Facebook Login failed, because the user does not provide a email address for the account.

In Facebook I see: forum will receive your name and profile picture.

There is NO e-mail request.

When I try to login throuth my developer facebook account I recive this message:
Invalid Scopes: user_birthday, publish_actions, user_location. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.faceb...cebook-login/permissions

Maybe something change with facebook profile request?
Sponsor
Offline tha_watcha  
#2 Posted : 29 July 2018 01:10:36(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Was thanked: 1190 time(s) in 1020 post(s)
Quote:
After request Facebook security and come back to forum, got this error: The Facebook Login failed, because the user does not provide a email address for the account.

This should only happen if the user don't provide an email address, in that case the login will not work!

Quote:
When I try to login throuth my developer facebook account I recive this message:
Invalid Scopes: user_birthday, publish_actions, user_location. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.faceb...cebook-login/permissions

Maybe something change with facebook profile request?

publish_actions is not supported anymore and will be removed with the next release YAF 2.24.14
Offline Ella  
#3 Posted : 29 July 2018 10:50:53(UTC)
Ella

Russian Federation

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha Go to Quoted Post
This should only happen if the user don't provide an email address, in that case the login will not work!

Thank you. Maybe you know, what do I need to do in Facebook for provide an email address?
Cannot find any options for this...

Offline tha_watcha  
#4 Posted : 29 July 2018 13:59:49(UTC)
tha_watcha

Medals: Medal of Honor: Portal Puzzle Master: Portal Puzzle Master for DNNMedal of Honor Key: Given to pillars of the community who are key players in the YAF community and project.DNN Master: DNN Module ManBug Killer Medal of Honor: Medal for being a kick-ass bug killer!Medal of Honor for the Support King: Support King! Amazing asset to the YAF.NET Community.

Germany

Originally Posted by: Ella Go to Quoted Post

Thank you. Maybe you know, what do I need to do in Facebook for provide an email address?
Cannot find any options for this...

According to the facebook sdk this would happen when the facebook user register via phone address instead of an email address. In that case the login will not work at the moment.
Offline Ella  
#5 Posted : 29 July 2018 14:34:08(UTC)
Ella

Russian Federation

According to the facebook sdk this would happen when the facebook user register via phone address instead of an email address. In that case the login will not work at the moment.

I asked some my friends to try to register at forum by facebook and they got the same error (all has e-mail).
Really don't know where find the bug... :(
Offline Ella  
#6 Posted : 29 July 2018 14:39:34(UTC)
Ella

Russian Federation

Right now I tried to register new facebook user via email address, then tried to register at forum - got the same error.
Offline tha_watcha  
#7 Posted : 29 July 2018 16:58:43(UTC)
tha_watcha

Germany

Originally Posted by: Ella Go to Quoted Post
Right now I tried to register new facebook user via email address, then tried to register at forum - got the same error.

Yes i can confirm. Looks like something has changed again. Please disable facebook login for now.

thanks 1 user thanked tha_watcha for this useful post.
Ella on 29/07/2018(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed