stingRayYellow
2011-10-31T20:59:19Z
As a moderator, I would like to mark a post(s) in a thread as the “Answer”. This would move the post up to the top of the thread, and quickly help any visitors identify which post they should read first.
Microsoft has a good example of this:
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/90d0f00a-91cd-46e5-a385-e51234d70bc6 


Notice it is marked as “Answer” and had a distinct green background. Other users can log in & vote on the helpfulness of the post. I’m very interested on helping develop this solution if you can point me in the right direction.
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2011-11-01T06:20:28Z
Originally Posted by: stingRayYellow 

As a moderator, I would like to mark a post(s) in a thread as the “Answer”. This would move the post up to the top of the thread, and quickly help any visitors identify which post they should read first.
Microsoft has a good example of this:
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/crmdevelopment/thread/90d0f00a-91cd-46e5-a385-e51234d70bc6 


Notice it is marked as “Answer” and had a distinct green background. Other users can log in & vote on the helpfulness of the post. I’m very interested on helping develop this solution if you can point me in the right direction.



This is added in YAF 1.96, the Option to add an topic status to a topic, including topic status icons that will be shown in the topic lists.
UserPostedImage
stingRayYellow
2011-11-01T17:39:27Z
Thank you. We currently have version 1.96 Beta. When will the 1.96 be released?
tha_watcha
2011-11-01T18:00:54Z
Originally Posted by: stingRayYellow 

Thank you. We currently have version 1.96 Beta. When will the 1.96 be released?



Its already included in the BETA Version, you only need to enable it in the Host Settings "Allow Topic Status Option"
UserPostedImage
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • YAF Developer
  • 100% (Exalted)
2011-11-02T16:07:54Z
He possibly means that there should be messages which are marked as answers. It can be done as customization. Then statuses should have an extra column which shows a 'question status' and it
then he can make it if he will cope with first message and the flag ordering in the post_list.
tylor
  •  tylor
  • YAF Forumling
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
2011-11-03T17:22:44Z
I tried your suggestion. That works. But how can I change the status of a topic later? For example, a "question" status topic should be change to "Solved" later. How could I do that?

BTW, in the downloaded package, looks the like image resource file for status is missing. It shows nothing on the page. But from the link, it is linking to image theme/cleanState/state_question.png which doesn't exist.
tha_watcha
2011-11-03T17:29:09Z
Originally Posted by: tylor 

I tried your suggestion. That works. But how can I change the status of a topic later? For example, a "question" status topic should be change to "Solved" later. How could I do that?

BTW, in the downloaded package, looks the like image resource file for status is missing. It shows nothing on the page. But from the link, it is linking to image theme/cleanState/state_question.png which doesn't exist.



The creator of the topic, mod, or admin can change the status.

The status icons are currently only included for my grey themes, but you can download the new icons for the other thems from the source code repository.
UserPostedImage
tha_watcha
2011-11-03T17:50:27Z
You See the Option when you edit the First Post of the topic.
UserPostedImage
tylor
  •  tylor
  • YAF Forumling
  • 51.8% (Neutral)
2011-11-03T18:29:56Z
tha_watcha
2012-07-16T23:05:48Z
Originally Posted by: super 

Originally Posted by: tha_watcha 



This is added in YAF 1.96, the Option to add an topic status to a topic, including topic status icons that will be shown in the topic lists.



Question 1) I cannot find this option, I have installed the latest version (Your YAF.NET Version: 1.9.6.1 )

Question 2) How the "Mark the post as Answered" work ? and how yo mark the post as answered ?

Question 3) what if user who is created the question would like to mark the post as answered to same time for moderators to mark it ?


Please help



1. This Setting is disabled by default, you need to enable it first in the Host Settings -> "Allow Topic Status Option"

2. and 3. Marking a post as answer is currently not possible, you can only set an topic status. Set a post as Answer is on the Road Map for future Versions.


UserPostedImage
super
  •  super
  • YAF Camper
  • 50.2% (Neutral)
2012-07-17T11:20:33Z
Thank you for your reply.

Right now the version is v1.9.6.1 RTW Binary for YAF.

Could you please tell me when this feature will be added to YAF ? Ths feature is on roadmap for which version ?

Coder Scripts
2017-10-28T17:07:26Z
how to add new images topic status?

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

Project Twitter Updates

Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved