Steve4
I finally got emails working. I had the wrong user name on my previous attempts. When I send an email from the Admin - User and Roles - Mail page it works. I receive a copy in my Yahoo email inbox. But when I post a new message to a thread that I am watching I don't get an email. I selected the profile notification option to receive emails for watched topics, but it doesn't work. Is there anything else I need to set for that to work? Also, is there any way I can set the website to always send emails of any new post to the Administrator (that's me)?

Thanks
Sponsor
Steve4
I just edited my previous message and it reminded me of a question about edits. Is there any limit on how long a user can edit a message or delete it? I would like my forum to disallow message edits after about 5 minutes unless done by an Administrator. That seems like a good feature if it doesn't exist.
tha_watcha

Quote:

I just edited my previous message and it reminded me of a question about edits. Is there any limit on how long a user can edit a message or delete it?

Yes there is a Host Setting for that "Days before posts are locked"- Number of days until posts are locked and not possible to edit or delete. Set to 0 for no limit.
UserPostedImage
Steve4
I did some more notification testing.

When another user sends me a Private Message I received an email notification. When another user makes a reply to a topic I am watching I receive an email message. But when I make a reply to a topic I am watching I don't receive an email message. So I guess that is the intended behavior. The developers apparently decided that if you make a post you don't need to receive a copy by email because you already know what you posted.

Therefore, I think this problem is solved.

Steve