Dimi
Is there any way to hide a Category from non users? I created a few Categories that should be visible only to the forum users and invisible for guests. Is it possible to hide them?

Dimi
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
RichP714
Originally Posted by: Dimi 

Is there any way to hide a Category from non users? I created a few Categories that should be visible only to the forum users and invisible for guests. Is it possible to hide them?

This is how we do it:

create and access mask called 'guest blocked' or similar; have no permissions checked.

ADMIN>SETTINGS>FORUMS

In the forum you want to block, set guest access to the new mask (blocked)

Check 'hide if no access'
Enjoy!

Running YAF 1.9.5.5 final at: http://thecarversite.com 
Dimi
Originally Posted by: RichP714 

Originally Posted by: Dimi 

This is how we do it:

create and access mask called 'guest blocked' or similar; have no permissions checked.

ADMIN>SETTINGS>FORUMS

In the forum you want to block, set guest access to the new mask (blocked)

Check 'hide if no access'

Thanks, but this is not what I wanted. I'm able to hide forums and sub-forums from guests, but I asked a question about Category, not forum. If you create a YAF forum structure the first thing you do - you create Category, then Forum and Sub-Forum inside this Category. I want to be able to hide Category.
Dimi
UserPostedImage