1. I can't see mobile theme in release notes. This means that it doesn't available.
2. You can use rss feeds for topics to "subscribe" otherwise you should check your host settings for new items. It's quite possible that it's disabled.
Another problem I ran into is that ajax does not work properly under FF and Chrome (IE seems to be OK) on themes that do not use CSS3 (rounded corners)
A fuzzy report.
About the mobile theme. OK, but it says RC1 (so release candidate) and I assumed that everything that is available within the build is supposed to be working. But I guess it is a alpha/beta build as some parts are known not to be in a working state. No problem though.
Regarding the missing email notification: nope.
I have made notification active on threads within this forum and I don't get any emails when posst are added.
But also not on my testsite. I always got notification emails (as part of the tests). But after I installed the 195RC1 the test failed.
And now more about the fuzzy report 😉
When I select the YafVision theme and go to the main forum page. Everything is OK. You see after loading the page, there is one ajax call after a sec or so and it finishes.
But, when I choose one of the color-color themes (I guess CCS3 theme with rounded corners and shading) and I go to the main forum page. I see that after a second or two the ajax call is made, but it doesn't finish. I am running it in a masterpage where I inform the user when a ajax request (ajax page update) is done (like google in gmail is doing). However, the message never disappears. This tells me that the ajax call has blocked.
Also, after that, I cannot perform any other ajax call like opening a panel (lets say shoutbox). All is blocked. I can only request anouther page.
All wens OK in IE, so in IE there wasn't a problem. Only FF and Chrome had this issue.
Hope it is less fuzzy now 😉
For me, the missing email notification is a showstopper for using the new release (candidate)
The themes that causes problems, I can remove them.
However, one thing I really was excited about was the language editor. Great tool!
Now, after the showstopper has been solved, I will translate all and upload the new Dutch language resource file.