abbottrm
  •  abbottrm
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-03-08T04:40:10Z
I have moved a topic in my forum but I forgot to un tick the "Leave link to moved topic in original forum" box so now I have a link that I do not want.

Is there anyway to remove this?

So I want to remove the link but leave the topic in it's new location.

I did try moving the topic back again but the link still remains.
Sponsor
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-03-08T04:49:15Z
As an admin you can see Moderate button in a forum view. Use it.
Steve4
2012-01-04T16:17:33Z
Originally Posted by: bbobb 

Bad advice. I clicked the Moderate button. It took me to the same forum with the same topics, now with checkboxes by each topic and a Delete Topic button. I checked the link I wanted to remove and I clicked the Delete Topic button and, sure enough, the entire topic was deleted, not just the link. There should be a Delete Link button, but there is not. Now maybe I will re-create the topic, but it wasn't that important. Just be careful. This poorly documented forum, and these poorly explained replies can get you into trouble.

Steve
bbobb
  •  bbobb
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2012-01-04T16:37:04Z
Originally Posted by: Steve4 

Bad advice.

And it took a year to understand it?:cheesy:

In the current version you can't make it. Primarily it was minded that there should be a timestamp and a registry setting for number of day for a link to not display, but it was postponed due to concerns about .the overcomplicated script base functions and it's perfomance.

Remove it via a script.

Lindsay Gorrie
2012-02-16T10:18:16Z

Remove it via a script.

Any hints on the code of the script? I have the same problem. While moving about 60 topics I wound up forgetting to untick the leave link box on one of them ... darn! :?
Hamid1920
2014-11-11T19:50:06Z

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.