mohammed
  •  mohammed
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-03-06T00:29:35Z
how to integrate my login page with yaf login,so that if the user logins in my page he is authenticated to yaf pages?
Sponsor
fischer
2010-04-09T09:41:57Z
I have read serveral guides for this but most of them is for older versions of YAF and doesnt work anymore. There is 2 cases of integration as I see it and I would love to see guides for both of them.

1) subdomain (forum.mydomain.com)
- Problem: Sharing cookies (same machinekey etc). Found som good sites about cookie sharing but didnt get it to work myself.
- Benifit: Keep forum and site seperate for easier upgrades and control.

2) subdirectory (www.mydomain.com/yaf/)
- Problem: Merging web.config files etc.
- Guide: http://wiki.yetanotherfo.../1_9.ashx?HL=integration  - havent tryed it.

I started using this product just 2 days ago but the first thing that come to mind is integrating the forum with my own sites... so I think there should be more guides/info about the integration.
apedley
2010-05-06T10:14:22Z
I went with the merging of web.config files.

I create a subdirectory (/forum)
- copied in all the files
- referenced the DLL's
- merged the web.config's
- merged the app.config's
- merged the db.config's
- merged the mail.config's
- created the tables in the existing database

If you are confident in asp.net the approach is fairly easy. It just required a bit of trial and error. I think it took me just an 1 hour or 2.
Chigs4u84
2010-05-12T08:00:36Z
I did the same all things and got my forum wokring.

But now comes the main part.. Integration with my own site...

HOW CAN I CREATE THE USERS IN YAF WHEN THE USER LOGIN IN TO MY SITE???

any idea anybody..

The earlier posts was all for the previous version and are not supported in 1.9.4 ..

Please Help?

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.