jnikaido
  •  jnikaido
  • 54.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-02-22T06:37:46Z
Hi:

Getting a weird message when trying to change a user's role or to even add a new user to the forum:

Message : Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Japanese_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.

The site was originally developed on my laptop then moved to a hosted server. I checked the database tables and the collation type on the hosted server and it is SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. The original test machine the database was on was Japanese_CI_AS. Is there a way to fix it? I tried to download the procedure.sql in the forum but it seems the file is corrupted or I'm just doing it wrong.

Thanks!
Sponsor
herman_herman
2010-02-22T10:01:27Z
jnikaido wrote:

Hi:

Getting a weird message when trying to change a user's role or to even add a new user to the forum:

Message : Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Japanese_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.

The site was originally developed on my laptop then moved to a hosted server. I checked the database tables and the collation type on the hosted server and it is SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. The original test machine the database was on was Japanese_CI_AS. Is there a way to fix it? I tried to download the procedure.sql in the forum but it seems the file is corrupted or I'm just doing it wrong.

Thanks!



Which version ?
Collation issue has been fixed in previous release!
jnikaido
  •  jnikaido
  • 54.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-02-22T12:21:40Z
herman_herman wrote:

jnikaido wrote:

Hi:

Getting a weird message when trying to change a user's role or to even add a new user to the forum:

Message : Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Japanese_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.

The site was originally developed on my laptop then moved to a hosted server. I checked the database tables and the collation type on the hosted server and it is SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS. The original test machine the database was on was Japanese_CI_AS. Is there a way to fix it? I tried to download the procedure.sql in the forum but it seems the file is corrupted or I'm just doing it wrong.

Thanks!



Which version ?
Collation issue has been fixed in previous release!



Happening in 1.9.4 RC1
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-02-22T12:38:09Z
Which version of SQL Server?
jnikaido
  •  jnikaido
  • 54.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-02-22T13:11:00Z
Jaben wrote:

Which version of SQL Server?



Hosted server is using SQL Server 2005
jnikaido
  •  jnikaido
  • 54.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-02-22T16:38:57Z
jnikaido wrote:

Jaben wrote:

Which version of SQL Server?



Hosted server is using SQL Server 2005



Here's the error message that gets dumped out:


Message : Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown.

Source : System.Web

StackTrace : at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestWithNoAssert(HttpContext context)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

at ASP.forums_default_aspx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\root\b6ef2ab9\390b4526\App_Web_0wmrjfjv.3.cs:line 0

at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

TargetSite : Boolean HandleError(System.Exception)

Message : Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Japanese_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.

Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Japanese_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.

Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Japanese_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.

Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Japanese_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.

Cannot resolve the collation conflict between "Japanese_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to operation.

Source : .Net SqlClient Data Provider

StackTrace : at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider.AddUsersToRolesCore(SqlConnection conn, String usernames, String roleNames)

at System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider.AddUsersToRoles(String[] usernames, String[] roleNames)

at YAF.Classes.Core.RoleMembershipHelper.AddUserToRole(String username, String role)

at YAF.Controls.EditUsersGroups.Save_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in d:\hosting\2673821\html\forums\controls\EditUsersGroups.ascx.cs:line 116

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument)

at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData)

at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

TargetSite : Void OnError(System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException, Boolean)

Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2010-02-22T16:41:42Z
You have to switch collation. It's a miserable task. I suggest just starting your database from scratch or hiring a consulting (such as me) to fix it.

Yes, there are ways to do it -- but it's not consider "YAF Support" -- more like SQL Server support.
jnikaido
  •  jnikaido
  • 54.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2010-02-24T15:44:56Z
Yup, that was the easiest fix. Just had to export all the data, drop the database, recreate the database, reimport the data, then rerun the installation. And boom, it works no problem.

That'll teach me to develop on a machine with a different default system locale ><

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.

Powered by Resharper Donate with PayPal button

Project Twitter Updates

Copyright © YetAnotherForum.NET & Ingo Herbote. All rights reserved