slipperybeans
2009-06-16T06:17:50Z
We moved our forum to a new set of servers (since the old ones were being overtaxed and users were constantly being logged out, losing posts, ...)

We are now experiencing that uploaded documents are no longer accessible, due to some permission issue on the server.
What should the permissions be for the files to work properly?

And of course, I should note that we also upgraded from 1.9.3 RC2 to 1.9.3 Final

Here is a copy of what we find in the error log:
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '\\fs1-n02\stor2wc1dfw1\400227\400276\forum.yadayahweh.com\web\content\upload\1573.! Chapter Outline.doc' is denied. at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath) at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy) at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode) at YAF.resource.GetResponseAttachment(HttpContext context)
Sponsor
slipperybeans
2009-06-16T06:22:03Z
I also notice that files that have been uploaded since the upgrade / server have "yafupload" appended to the file names.

Do I need to add that extension now to all the existing files?
Is this a bug in my current upload?
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-06-16T15:50:20Z
No -- no need to add the extension. The problem is that the anonymous IIS user doesn't have read/open access to your upload files for some reason. You'll have to figure out how to make that change on your web site configuration.
imukai
2009-06-16T23:26:44Z
Would that be a site config problem or a filesystem permissions problem? Generally when I see an error stemming from IO and permissions (denied in this case), it's due to filesystem permissions.

Maybe check the filesystem security perms on the upload folder and make sure the anonymous user assigned to your web app has read access. If it does, then check that specific file's perms.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.