ascalonx
  •  ascalonx
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2009-04-28T12:50:54Z
Is there a way to adjust the password strength in YAF 1.9.3? It's far too strong for my users. I think that just requiring a password at all is enough for my needs. Can I reduce the requirements?
Sponsor
ascalonx
  •  ascalonx
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2009-04-28T13:01:48Z
Nevermind, I found it buried in the web.config. It'd be nice if some of these things were better documented. Otherwise, thanks for the great FREE forum!
Mek
  •  Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2009-04-28T21:58:07Z
No help to you, but i've got it documented 😉 Just waiting for somewhere to document it too.
(Yes I have prepared some documentation, don't die of shock YAF users).

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
mddubs
2009-04-29T04:49:06Z
Mek wrote:

No help to you, but i've got it documented 😉 Just waiting for somewhere to document it too.
(Yes I have prepared some documentation, don't die of shock YAF users).

UserPostedImage

:cheesy:
UserPostedImage 
www.bunkerhollow.com  | www.careercomputing.com 
When I post fp:mddubs in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Mek 🙂, who stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
SlingBlade
2009-05-24T23:20:33Z
And where is this documentation you speak of? I add
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
and
passwordStrengthRegularExpression="^(?=.*\d)(?=.*[a-z])(?=.*[A-Z]).{6,}$"
to the YAFMembershipProvider in Web.config so that it requires one capital, one lowercase, one number and six total characters, but when attempting to create users I haven't been able to come up with a password strong enough. The regular expression worked before switching over to YAF authentication. How can I duplicate my desired password requirements? Thank you!
logan
  •  logan
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Leader
2009-05-25T00:03:13Z
minRequiredNonAlphanumericCharacters="0"

Make it an Uppercase "A" should fix it.
test
SlingBlade
2009-05-25T11:29:42Z
That did fix it. Thanks!

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.