Saurav
  •  Saurav
  • 54.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2009-03-15T03:20:15Z
I installed the forum, and after some help from the forum and troubleshooting, could get to the admin page.

When I access the forum now, i am continuously getting the Fatal Error message. Any help ! What could be the error here?
Saurav attached the following image(s):
Sponsor
chrisgr
2009-03-15T07:42:44Z
Just off the top of my head, did you compile the SRC code in .net 3.5 and are running it on a 2.0 machine? If it's a new install, I'd drop back and do a fresh install. My first install was a flop. After I redid it a few times, all went well.
Let us know.
Thx
Dr.DG
  •  Dr.DG
  • 54.8% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2009-03-15T09:32:41Z
Access rights to the SQL database?
Saurav
  •  Saurav
  • 54.8% (Neutral)
2009-03-15T10:08:42Z
I have a 3.5 Machine, and running this forum with 2.0. SQL Access is okay, since I was able to create users just after install and puy myself as admin.

I would do a fresh install. However, what is the way to compile the code. I believe I am still running the code in test mode (when it was working, I was getting all the debugs at the bottom of the forum page)
Saurav
  •  Saurav
  • 54.8% (Neutral)
2009-03-15T10:09:59Z
Well, I had a problem with SQL last time, and to get around, I opened the project in VWD 2008, and created the SQL Database from there. It was working fine for 1-2 days, and I started having this problem.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.