Wholsea
  •  Wholsea
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2008-11-15T12:37:30Z
IIS 5

I have a base site in .net 1.1.
A virtual folder called "Forum" running as .net 2.0 (YAF Forum of course)

After an undetermined period of time, the board forgets that it lives in this /forum/ folder and routes people to the root folder...

IE, I go to www.foobar.com/forum/default.aspx 

click on a topic, which routes me to:

www.foobar.com/default.aspx?g=topics&f=30 

Only after I recycle the application pool (or do an iisreset) does the board remember that it lives in the /forum/ folder...
Sponsor
Mek
  •  Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-11-15T12:59:16Z
you need to add the "root" key to the app.config or web.config depending on your version of YAF. Just do a search on the forums and an example will present itself.

Ooops just saw it's in the 1.93 forum, so it needs to be add to the app.config :-)

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
Wholsea
  •  Wholsea
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
2008-11-15T14:27:02Z
Ok, I'll give it a try... Thanks.
shufflemoomin
2008-11-21T00:41:49Z
Mek wrote:

you need to add the "root" key to the app.config or app.config depending on your version of YAF. Just do a search on the forums and an example will present itself.

Ooops just saw it's in the 1.93 forum, so it needs to be add to the app.config :-)

I'm having the same issue. I'm using 1.9.1.8 but I don't have an app.config anywhere. I have a yafnet.config in which I've added the <root>/subfolder/</root> but it doesn't help. Am i adding this to the right place?

Shufflemoomin
Mek
  •  Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-11-21T02:30:42Z
App.Config is in 1.93, you want to be putting the section in the AppSettings part of the web.config. Sorry for the confusion, I've adjusted my post above to be more clear.

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
Wholsea
  •  Wholsea
  • 55.4% (Neutral)
2008-11-24T16:21:44Z
So far this has fixed this issue...

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.