the_menace
2008-10-25T21:08:28Z
I'm trying to integrate YAF on my website and I want it to have my own registration register the user into the forums automatically.

I know that all users are stored in the yaf_user table but that's all I know. What's the process of doing this? Take note that I'm not using membership profile but instead just regular insert into my DB. Thanks a lot.
Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-10-26T00:53:47Z
I suggest you use v1.9.3 RC2 and membership.

Membership is very well documented and simple. Just do a search for ASP.NET membership on da interwebs.
colossalc
2008-10-27T07:40:34Z
Forget yaf_user. Either you use that as the user store for your entire site or you use what you're using now. Otherwise you'll run into synchronization and other issues.

What you want to do is modify the source of YAF to respect the authentication of your current scheme. Not the biggest modification in the world, but you'll have to know what you're doing.

mddubs
2008-10-27T07:48:14Z
If you used the .NET membership framework in your existing application then use YAF 1.9.3 as Jaben suggested. Then, any existing or brand new users will be automatically registered with YAF the first time they access the forum.
UserPostedImage 
www.bunkerhollow.com  | www.careercomputing.com 
When I post fp:mddubs in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Mek 🙂, who stole this off Ederon 🙂 )
the_menace
2008-10-27T08:11:49Z
Thanks for the insight.

I currently have the 1.9.1.8 (3/29/08) installed and would like to upgrade but ran into a few issue while upgrading.

I just installed Membership last night with custom profiling and I'm thinking of just dropping all my YAF tables and start from scratch with the latest 1.9.3 RC2 version. Hopefully this will work well with my new membership provider. Will let you know how it goes.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.