kevinibm
  •  kevinibm
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2008-09-16T05:14:37Z
how to change localhost/yaf_topics6_Stay-Secure-Online.aspx to something like
localhost/SOMETHING_topics6_Stay-Secure-Online.aspx

I have checked out UrlRewriter.config and changed the content, but still in all other pages the change is not affected.

May i know what all other things I need to do so that the URL change reflects in all pages

Thank you

Kevin

http://www.reachinformation.com 
Sponsor
test2005
2008-09-17T04:36:30Z
Is the rewriter using the databaseObjectQualifier setting from app.config?
.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
kevinibm
  •  kevinibm
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
2008-09-18T09:24:03Z
test2005 wrote:

Is the rewriter using the databaseObjectQualifier setting from app.config?

I dont know what you mean by that.. but what i have done is

FIRST changed the
<rewriter>
	<rewrite url="^~/(.+?)?yaf_login?\.aspx\?returnurl\=(.+)$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=login&amp;ReturnURL=$2" processing="stop" />

to
<rewriter>
	<rewrite url="^~/(.+?)?something_login?\.aspx\?returnurl\=(.+)$" to="~/$1Default.aspx?g=login&amp;ReturnURL=$2" processing="stop" />

in the UrlRewriter.config file

the page opened when i gave something_login.aspx in the Internet Explorer Browser

BUT WHEN I OPENED http://localhost/default.aspx all links shows yaf_login.aspx and yaf_***.aspx

I am not able to change all the links

I tried changing
newURL = before + "yaf_";
in the
classes\URLBuilderRewrite.cs file into
newURL = before + "askexperts_";

Even that did not work... CAN ANY ONE HELP PLEASE
test2005
2008-09-20T10:18:31Z
In the APP.CONFIG file, there is a setting for databaseObjectQualifier

<add key="databaseObjectQualifier" value="yaf_" />

I don't know if this is used strictly for creating database objects. The URL re-writer may call it. I have no idea.

Try changing it, run the install procedure again. See if you get the result your after.

.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
kevinibm
  •  kevinibm
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
2008-09-20T22:43:12Z
what is app.config in web application.. do you mean web.config or yafnet.config ?

Where is the file location i need to change ?

test2005
2008-09-21T08:28:43Z
Your running an older version...it may not be there, but if it is, yafnet.config is where it would be most likely.

But that's not going to help you. I've been looking at the code for the rewriter utility, the "yaf_" is hard-coded all over the place. It will not be easy to change it to something else.

The reason when you change the "yaf_" entry...

newURL = before + "yaf_";

... to anything else is this is only one part. The corresponding handling of the "new" URL needs to be changed as well. In v1.9.3.3, have a look at urlrewriter.config, urlbuilderwrite.cs and urlparser.cs. These should get you pointed in the right direction.

kevinibm
  •  kevinibm
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
2008-09-22T00:07:10Z
Quote:

Your running an older version...it may not be there, but if it is, yafnet.config is where it would be most likely.

i downloaded from sourceforge.net only a few days before. where can i get the latest version, i wanna see how they use app.config in web application (if they did).

can you send me the latest version of YAF link. if its difficult to modify in the older version i dont mind upgrading YAF to the current latest version.

Please send me the link of the latest version of YAF and also the steps to modify yaf_ to something_ in the url..

Thanks a lot for your response.

Kevin
test2005
2008-09-22T21:41:07Z
The latest version is always in the "YAF Announcements" section.

http://forum.yetanotherforum.net/yaf_postst6150_YAF-v193-BETA-UPDATED-732008.aspx 

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.