MLOUser
  •  MLOUser
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2008-09-07T11:12:34Z
I'm trying to set up this forum on a GoDaddy site for a community group. We want it to be private, so I've set the Guest user setting with no rights at all, but I can't get the registration to work right.

1) What are the correct email settings so that emails can be sent for registration confirmation?

2) How can I register users even if I haven't received an email? (And don't tell me to go into the Admin, click on Users, and set them up... it does NOT even work, so just don't bother going there.)

3) Why is this so incredibly un-friendly???

4) Oh... I'd also like to add that there is no way to change the base graphic layout. I have no interest in downloading all the source and screwing with it just for a facelift. It should be a lot easier than that.

Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-09-07T23:11:36Z
I'm not sure YAF is for you. YAF is an open source all volunteer community. Respectful, considerate and mature communication only.

If you do want to continue with YAF, all of your questions have been answered before. Please try a search.
leelu
  •  leelu
  • 51.2% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2008-09-13T09:52:07Z
MLOUser wrote:

I'm trying to set up this forum on a GoDaddy site for a community group. We want it to be private, so I've set the Guest user setting with no rights at all, but I can't get the registration to work right.

1) What are the correct email settings so that emails can be sent for registration confirmation?

2) How can I register users even if I haven't received an email? (And don't tell me to go into the Admin, click on Users, and set them up... it does NOT even work, so just don't bother going there.)

4) Oh... I'd also like to add that there is no way to change the base graphic layout. I have no interest in downloading all the source and screwing with it just for a facelift. It should be a lot easier than that.

I also have my site setup with godaddy. I used the relay-hosting.secureserver.net. it works for me. good luck
colossalc
2008-09-14T08:26:37Z
Quote:

Because of all the thousands of people that use YAF, not one has taken the time to write a comphrehensive FAQ after they've figured it out.

Will you be the first?
MLOUser
  •  MLOUser
  • 52.4% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2008-09-15T12:27:46Z
Honestly?

I might have, if not for the smarmy, unhelpful answer from the moderator/chief architect.

I did, in fact, figure out what I needed.

Perhaps, in spite of the nastiness and lack of concern from that person, I will try to help out other users. Because it's obvious that person isn't helping.
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-09-16T00:10:44Z
Well, at least your offer to help is a step in the right direction...
test2005
2008-09-17T04:31:10Z
MLOUser wrote:

Your a new user, first post, and you start off by telling us "how bad things are"!? And you wonder why your getting tude!?!?!

Relax, and be a tad more polite! You'll get farther!

.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.