moyger
  •  moyger
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2008-08-25T19:51:35Z
Hello im having a big problem on the admin section. It seems the pages are stretched out but the other pages are ok and aligned to the center.

here how it looks:UserPostedImage

Please HELP!!! anyone!?

Karlo
Sponsor
Neven
2008-08-25T19:56:05Z
Have you assigned a fixed width to any of the following CSS classes: .content, .post, .header2?

... But trust me on the sunscreen!

test2005 wrote:

There not bugs(in YAF)...it's either un-defined features or exceptions to expected behavior!!

moyger
  •  moyger
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
2008-08-25T23:45:18Z
I actually didn't. The main page has no problem and other pages. But the admin giving me an error which is stretching the whole table to the right. I understand that all table has class "content" that's why i don't edit it. it's weird. please help me please!!!
moyger
  •  moyger
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
2008-08-25T23:46:23Z
here's the site....http://www.aims.org.sg/aims_forum
moyger
  •  moyger
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
2008-08-25T23:48:12Z
Anyway, where can I locate this page in the source codes. The admin section. I'm browsing each of the files on the admin folder but I can't locate the left sidepanel. I think if I can edit the table width on that one I could correct the problem. Please help. thanks!!!
Neven
2008-08-25T23:55:32Z
well, If you haven't messed with the source code, the problem must be elsewhere - mainly in the theme.css.
Try changing your theme to a unmodified one and see if the admin column is still wide.
moyger wrote:

Error 404 :(

test2005 wrote:

There not bugs(in YAF)...it's either un-defined features or exceptions to expected behavior!!

Neven
2008-08-25T23:58:01Z
moyger wrote:

Error 404 :(

test2005 wrote:

moyger
  •  moyger
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
2008-08-26T00:10:32Z
yea i made changes to theme.css. I also tried using other theme.css from other themes. but i still get the error. Maybe you could show me where I can find the page Admin, maybe I could try to find a way. thank you for ur prompt reply. Really appreciate it. Please this is the only thing I couldnt resolve. It's been for days already.

Thanks!!
Karlo
Neven
2008-08-26T00:21:13Z
I'm sorry. I am not a programmer.
EDIT: perhaps /YAF.Controls/AdminMenu.cs is the file you are looking for.
try saving the admin page (MSIE: Web page complete), zip it, and PM me the address. I can help you only with the css

test2005 wrote:

moyger
  •  moyger
  • 53.6% (Neutral)
2008-08-26T00:29:56Z
ok here's the file....http://www.prologodesign.net/docs/AIMS_forum.zip

However, im not sure if you change something on the theme.css it will affect the other pages coz all tables are using one class which is "content"

Anyway, you could give it a try. Here is my YM....karloestrada and heres my MSN karloestrada@live.com.sg.

thanks in advance!!!
Neven
2008-08-26T00:40:40Z
1. Unrelated: you are missing Doctype declaration - DTD
2. Theme.css line 11: you are actually telling the left column to be 940px wide!
just remove the .wrap .content declaration; it seems OK without it - at least on this page.

test2005 wrote:

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.