the agony booth
2008-05-17T09:10:36Z
Hey all, our website the agony booth is a site devoted to making fun of bad movies. We just upgraded to YAF 1.9.1.8 (the forums were formerly using Snitz). So far, all of our existing forum members are very pleased.

http://www.agonybooth.com/Forum.aspx 

Thanks to the YAF development team for all their hard work!

Sponsor
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-05-17T12:04:30Z
Nice. Like the topic -- looks like an active site! Might suggest turning URL Rewriting ON (in yafnet.config) since you might want better SEO accessibility.
test2005
2008-05-17T15:09:14Z

Very nice site! The forum and the site go together nicely.

Only thing I'd change is the home page width. It's not taking up 100% width, which would make it blend better into the forum.

Cool topic! Worst fild I've seen lately is The Crow 4!!! Talk about pure agony!!!!

:-P

.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
ash360
2008-05-17T16:42:13Z
nice site
its really interesting
Visit my Forums: FORUMZ360.com 
the agony booth
2008-05-17T17:32:56Z
Jaben wrote:

Nice. Like the topic -- looks like an active site! Might suggest turning URL Rewriting ON (in yafnet.config) since you might want better SEO accessibility.

Unfortunately, I have my own custom URL rewriting for my site content, otherwise I would. I'm not so sure it matters anymore. Google still indexes all the forums and topics just fine.

The only thing I don't like from an SEO perspective is that when I integrate the yaf:Forum control into my existing site template, I can't get the title of the topic in the browser title bar. The page title is the same for all topics in the forum. Is there any way to fix that?

Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-05-18T13:18:06Z
The page that contains your head should have this in it:

<head id="YAFHead" runat="server">
...blah title, etc...
</head>

YAF will locate it and change the title as needed. (Works for Master Pages too.)
the agony booth
2008-05-18T14:17:20Z
Jaben wrote:

...blah title, etc...
</head>

YAF will locate it and change the title as needed. (Works for Master Pages too.)

That did the trick. Thanks a bunch!

sayedwasim
2008-05-26T23:26:22Z
hi,
just wondering how you made the forum rules open as a seperate page, meaning that the page is kinda not integrated with the forum (forum.aspx?....). Same like how the Wiki forum opens as a seperate page in this forum. Would like to know how its done.

Thanks
ash360
2008-05-27T02:22:42Z
sayedwasim wrote:

hi,
just wondering how you made the forum rules open as a seperate page, meaning that the page is kinda not integrated with the forum (forum.aspx?....). Same like how the Wiki forum opens as a seperate page in this forum. Would like to know how its done.

Thanks

i think when you create a forum you have the option to use and external url for it
Visit my Forums: FORUMZ360.com 
APIJunkie
2008-10-28T01:28:55Z
Jaben wrote:

...blah title, etc...
</head>

Another way that was useful for me, when I didn't want to change the page header, was to use the PageTitleSet event:
public event EventHandler<yaf.pages.ForumPageArgs> PageTitleSet;
So in the page I embed the forum control I can do the following:
protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
forum.PageTitleSet += new EventHandler<yaf.pages.ForumPageArgs>(forum_PageTitleSet);
}
And then the handler could look something like:
void forum_PageTitleSet(object sender, yaf.pages.ForumPageArgs e)
{
Title = e.Title;
}

2010-02-04T12:53:23Z
Thanks a lot for this thread.
I was looking for the title tag solution for a long time with YAF.

Thanks to google search also, they pointed me to this thread 🙂
doxa123
2010-04-05T19:27:26Z
It's nice ;)

Good Job.
Running YAF.NET v2.0 Final at: http://www.dilliduduk.com 
.net 4.5.1 & MVC 5 Razor Support Hosting: http://hosting.7renk.net