seefresh
  •  seefresh
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling Topic Starter
2008-05-07T06:54:12Z
Hi, probably a dumb question, but I don't understand the permission settings on a forum. What does it mean when they are all set to admin access mask? I'm wanting just registered members to be able to read and post.
Sponsor
XeE
  •  XeE
  • 84.2% (Honored)
  • YAF Forumling
2008-05-07T09:26:23Z
Create new Access Mask. and Don't check any option. Keep the options unchecked and save. Then go to Groups (Roles) and edit role for Guests. And select that access mask for all the forums which you have just created. Then Guests won't have access to your forums.

CheErS!
XeE!
ekaleido
2008-05-14T14:47:30Z
How can I limit the creation of threads within a forum to a specific user or group? I would like to have a forum where only Posters can create new threads but all members can reply. Is this possible? Thanks!
test2005
2008-05-14T19:45:35Z

Not ATM, no. You'll have to dive into the code and create a "limiting flag" for the specific member.

A "poster" IS whom creates threads!! Do you mean specific members as above? If so, just edit the access masks.

.....the man in black fled across the desert..........and the gunslinger followed.....
ekaleido
2008-05-15T15:23:10Z
test2005 wrote:

Not ATM, no. You'll have to dive into the code and create a "limiting flag" for the specific member.

A "poster" IS whom creates threads!! Do you mean specific members as above? If so, just edit the access masks.

Thank you for your response.

What I am after is having a forum "Test" in a category "Sorta-Moderated" :P

I also want to have a group of users defined as "Posters" with the ability to create new threads in the forum Test. Typical members can post, but they cannot create a new thread, only reply or post in already-created threads. I think this means I have to dive into the code. I was very afraid of that since I'm not much of a developer. Unless I'm severely overlooking a checkbox in the access mask settings?

Thanks much, test2005!

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.