Lac
  •  Lac
  • 89.60001% (Honored)
  • YAF Forumling
2008-01-28T22:55:17Z
Please, include in file name buld number or revision, becose my proxy save to cache archives and i hardly look for changes befor understanding this :cheesy:
Minaki
  •  Minaki
  • 50.6% (Neutral)
  • YAF Forumling
2008-02-04T01:29:09Z
Nice work! I love this software. Just what I was looking for!

Just a couple of (probably minor) things I noticed while installing this version...
I'm using a custom-built provider for Membership and Roles. My membership provider uses an integer to store the ProviderUserKey but this caused an error while creating the admin user with YAF, as YAF's user table stored the ProviderUserKey as a GUID. (Since my site is still under development it wasn't a problem for me, I just changed my provider to use a GUID instead of an integer.)
Also I was thinking it might be nice to be able to select an existing admin user instead of having to create a new one. (Again not an issue for me as my site is still in development.)
Don_Thrash
2008-02-05T04:10:31Z
Thanks for all the great work guys. I think I am going to be setting up a test environment as well, as long as I can find the machines to do so. We are pumped for 1.9.3.
Don Alcombright
Thrash Magazine  - Check out my forum! 
"thrash harder!"
Mek
  •  Mek
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer
2008-02-05T08:07:22Z
Don_Thrash wrote:

Thanks for all the great work guys. I think I am going to be setting up a test environment as well, as long as I can find the machines to do so. We are pumped for 1.9.3.

Run VMWare like everyone else :-)

UserPostedImage 

"It's a case of RTFM.. the only problem being we don't have a manual!"

When I post FP:Mek in a topic, I'm leaving my footprint there so I can track it once I get into coding/supporting. (Yes I stole this off Ederon ๐Ÿ™‚ )
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF Developer Topic Starter
2008-02-06T04:12:25Z
Was going to release a new alpha but keep finding bugs... so it's coming here with a lot of fixes but since I'm increasing the DB version number I want to pack in quite a few database tweaks.

Alpha v1.9.3.2 should be up tomorrow...
tep
  •  tep
  • 99.2% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander
2008-02-06T05:30:24Z
if you emphasize database modification (stored procedure,table etc) seperetaly, it will be better.
Don_Thrash
2008-02-06T06:38:51Z
Mek wrote:

Don_Thrash wrote:

Run VMWare like everyone else :-)

scary man, scary...these are dev machines, its my personal machine, VMWare will kill it. Although I could set one up at my work...hmmmmm
Don Alcombright
Thrash Magazine  - Check out my forum! 
"thrash harder!"
2008-02-06T16:13:15Z
Upgraded to v1.9.3 -- smooth process...
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
2008-02-06T18:00:28Z
แƒ‘แƒ”แƒกแƒ wrote:

Uh-oh... Watch out. That version of v1.9.3 has some major issues.

PLEASE UPGRADE ALPHA v1.9.3.2 immediately before you do any pasword resetting (that's where the bug is).
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
2008-02-06T18:20:07Z
v1.9.3.2 has been released with a load of fixes! It has a new DB version so for v1.9.3 you'll need to run install. (It will run automatically though.)
tep
  •  tep
  • 99.2% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander
2008-02-06T20:51:25Z

when i try to compile source code, the error below is shown. I check that file , it is not exist there indeed.

Quote:

Error 47 Source file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\yaf-v1.9.3.2-alpha\YAF.Controls\VoteBar.cs' could not be opened ('The system cannot find the file specified. ') YAF.Controls

and the bug in

http://forum.yetanotherf...-UPDATED-1272008--2.aspx 

did not fixed ? Code is same.

TEP
Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
2008-02-06T22:02:35Z
tep wrote:

when i try to compile source code, the error below is shown. I check that file , it is not exist there indeed.

Quote:

Error 47 Source file 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\yaf-v1.9.3.2-alpha\YAF.Controls\VoteBar.cs' could not be opened ('The system cannot find the file specified. ') YAF.Controls

and the bug in

http://forum.yetanotherf...-UPDATED-1272008--2.aspx 

did not fixed ? Code is same.

TEP

Hmm. Thought Mek was going to do that. Anyway, both very minor things are fixed and the release has been updated.

EDIT: VoteBar.cs is not needed. You can just remove.
2008-02-06T22:51:01Z
Jaben wrote:

แƒ‘แƒ”แƒกแƒ wrote:

Uh-oh... Watch out. That version of v1.9.3 has some major issues.

PLEASE UPGRADE ALPHA v1.9.3.2 immediately before you do any pasword resetting (that's where the bug is).

OK, thnkz...
tep
  •  tep
  • 99.2% (Exalted)
  • YAF Commander
2008-02-06T22:54:55Z
What about new structure of email templates. It is located in xml files anmymore but when i open the english.xml file it is displayed as shown below

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" />
<title>Password Retrieval</title>
<style type="text/css">
<!--
.style1 {font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif}
-->
</style>
</head><body>
<p class="style1"> A new password has been generated for you on <b>{forumname}</b> at <a href="{forumlink}">{forumlink}</a>.</p>
<p class="style1"> Please return to the site and log in using the following information:</p>
<blockquote><span class="style1">
User Name: <b>{username}</b><br />
Password: <b>{password}</b></span></blockquote>
</body>
</html>

is it correct ? any exact reason placing &lt; , &gt; instead of < > ?

Jaben
  •  Jaben
  • 100% (Exalted)
2008-02-06T22:57:40Z
It's in a XML file so it has to be escaped.

If you just leave the HTML section blank it will just ignore it.

If you have a design-time HTML editor just copy the source code from your email HTML into the design side of it.

Then you'll have your escaped HTML in the source.

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.