tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
  • YAF All-the-Time Topic Starter
2020-07-16T08:13:02Z
We discussed my enhancements to the simplex theme several times in separate forum threads, but I think it is worth to gathger all them in one post. My goal is to ask you to do all these enhancements in the source code and make them available out-of-the-box - because as we can judge from our experience after working with YAF 2.3 for some time, these enhancements can be useful for others too.

See, to produce the bootstrap-forum.min.css with my color/font preferences, I correct the following lines in the source files:

_variables.scss:
$warning: $purple !default --> change $purple to $orange
$font-size-base: 0.8125rem !default; --> change 0.8125rem to 1rem
_bootswatch.scss:
.text-secondary {color: $gray-700 !important;} --> change $gray-700 to $gray-600

Believe me, the default font size is very small and 'normal' 1rem looks much better, especially on mobile devices.

And the purple warning color does not look good with other main red/orange colors. It even does not look well in the lock sign over forum bubbles images. Compare the following screenshots took for the default color combination and mine:

Simplex theme - Default colors.png

Click to View Image4 View(s)

Simplex theme - Better colors.png

May we expect to see these improvements in one of the future releases of your excellent forum engine?
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2020-07-19T00:00:33Z
Well i agree with the font size. But the colors is just personal taste. You could rename the theme to your own. So you dont have to make the changes with each update. Or you post the changes as issue in the issue tracker for themes on the authors github page
UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
2020-07-21T06:58:13Z
As I know, you bootstrap-forum.min.css is also changed regardless of the theme settings. So even if I create my own theme by copying an existing one, I will need to merge my changes in the CSS with yours related to the forum engine.
tha_watcha
2020-07-21T09:39:32Z
Originally Posted by: tecman 

As I know, you bootstrap-forum.min.css is also changed regardless of the theme settings. So even if I create my own theme by copying an existing one, I will need to merge my changes in the CSS with yours related to the forum engine.

You only need to recompile the css file no need to merge any changes
UserPostedImage
tecman
  •  tecman
  • 100% (Exalted)
2020-07-22T11:39:53Z
I compared bootstrap-forum.css from the v2.31.5 and v2.31.7 and got 61 difference:
bootstrap-forum.css 2.31.5 2.31.7 diff.png

And it seems, they all are not related to my personal color adjustments.
For me, it looks like I need to merge your changes in bootstrap-forum.css with my color changes.
tha_watcha
2020-07-22T13:22:34Z
No you don't. The css is not relevant. You only need to recompile the scss file
UserPostedImage

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.