Back2TheRoots
2017-10-19T03:04:11Z
Just downloaded the sample app (C#). I have SQL Server 2014 installed on my machine so wanted to attach the database in App_Data folder.
I copied the .mdf and .ldf files to "Data" folder of SQL Server installation folder, opened SQL Server and when I selected the files to attach I got an error : "The database cannot be opened because it is version 851. This server supports version 782 and earlier. A downgrade path is not supported".
Is this database done in MS SQL 2016? If so, is there a 2014 version available?
Thanks.
Sponsor
tha_watcha
2017-10-20T23:19:44Z
Its just an empty database. I think its more easy if you create a new db in your sql server, and adjust the connection string to your server and the db in the db.config
UserPostedImage
Back2TheRoots
2017-10-21T17:53:10Z
I found a SQL 2016 DB and tried to "attach" the .mdf file found in App_data folder and there was no database file, so I guess you are right, DB is empty. I don't see the point of adding an empty DB; usually there are some table structures even though they are empty and a couple of tables with some default records.
I can create an empty DB but what tables go into it?! some info in a "ReadMe.txt" file would have been helpful.
Back2TheRoots
2017-10-21T21:42:22Z
As I though: it is complaining about missing SP:

"Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.yaf_registry_list'."

So, an empty database does not seem to be the solution. Something is wrong with the database included in the sample project files. Why wold the sample project look for a stored procedure if the included database is empty.
tha_watcha
2017-10-22T01:58:13Z
The Active Discussion Module on the default page doesn't have a check if the forum is installed. You need to run the Install Wizard Manually via /Install/Default.aspx

then the database will be initialized.

I updated the sample project

https://github.com/YAFNET/YAF.SampleWebApplication/releases/download/v2.2.4.4/YAF.SampleWebApplication-v2.2.4.4-C.zip 

Now the Install wizard is automatically initialized.

UserPostedImage

About Us

The YAF.NET is an open source .NET forum project. YAF.NET is supported by an team of international developers who are build community by building community software.